Meet Chuck Hagel, Obama's Nominee for Secretary of Defense
Just when you were starting to get used to no bitter fighting, mudslinging or hand-wringing from the White House, here comes the new nominee for Secretary of Defense. President Obama nominated Nebraska's former Republican senator Chuck Hagel on Monday, yet another in the President's merry band who's just moderate enough to make sure both parties don't like him. On the one hand, he's a Republican—one whose comments about homosexuality have gotten him in trouble—which ought to have Democrats seeing red. Conversely, as a Republican, he's made some significant breaks with his party—notably, his Iraq War voting record and his stance on Israel. In fact, some of Hagel's fellow Republicans seemed less wary of John Kerry for Secretary of State than they do of Hagel for defense, which means we're all in for another round of Oval Office drama ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > The Internet Is Loving Odell Beckham's Amazing Catch
- > Superhero-Loving Girl Is Not Impressed with Store’s Ad about ‘Gifts for Boys’
- > NFL Star Gets Emotional After Scoring Touchdown for Daughter Born Hours Before
- > Report: Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel Has Been Asked to Resign
- > Apple Launches New RED Campaign to Raise Money for AIDS/HIV Victims