Meet Chuck Hagel, Obama's Nominee for Secretary of Defense
Just when you were starting to get used to no bitter fighting, mudslinging or hand-wringing from the White House, here comes the new nominee for Secretary of Defense. President Obama nominated Nebraska's former Republican senator Chuck Hagel on Monday, yet another in the President's merry band who's just moderate enough to make sure both parties don't like him. On the one hand, he's a Republican—one whose comments about homosexuality have gotten him in trouble—which ought to have Democrats seeing red. Conversely, as a Republican, he's made some significant breaks with his party—notably, his Iraq War voting record and his stance on Israel. In fact, some of Hagel's fellow Republicans seemed less wary of John Kerry for Secretary of State than they do of Hagel for defense, which means we're all in for another round of Oval Office drama ...
Recommended For You
- > Report: Apple May Be Prepping a Jumbo-Sized iPad
- > Malcolm Gladwell’s Medical TV Thriller Has Been Purchased by Fox
- > Is ‘Full House’ About to Make a Comeback?
- > ‘Indefinite’ Ceasefire Puts an End to Weeks of Fighting in Gaza
- > Superman and Lois Lane Just Did the Ice Bucket Challenge So Let's Call It a Day