Meet Chuck Hagel, Obama's Nominee for Secretary of Defense
Just when you were starting to get used to no bitter fighting, mudslinging or hand-wringing from the White House, here comes the new nominee for Secretary of Defense. President Obama nominated Nebraska's former Republican senator Chuck Hagel on Monday, yet another in the President's merry band who's just moderate enough to make sure both parties don't like him. On the one hand, he's a Republican—one whose comments about homosexuality have gotten him in trouble—which ought to have Democrats seeing red. Conversely, as a Republican, he's made some significant breaks with his party—notably, his Iraq War voting record and his stance on Israel. In fact, some of Hagel's fellow Republicans seemed less wary of John Kerry for Secretary of State than they do of Hagel for defense, which means we're all in for another round of Oval Office drama ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 24,000 Prison Workers Are On Strike And Nobody Is Talking About It
- > Obama to Kaepernick: ‘Listen to the Pain' the Protest May Cause Someone Who's Lost Family in Combat
- > A Teenager Opened Fire On A Children’s Playground Yesterday
- > Man Drops Ring In Baseball Game Proposal In Front Of 35,000 People
- > Elon Musk Wants To Put People On Mars And He Just Might