McAfee's Secret Hideout Accidentally Blown by Vice Magazine
One of the more bonkers stories of 2012 is the ongoing saga of John McAfee, he of McAFee antivirus fame. He had ended up living some sort of hedonistic fever dream in Belize before local police started asking questions about his possible involvement with a neighbors' murder earlier this year. No sooner had they started sniffing around than McAfee flew the coup, taking up life as a man on the run. The computer wizard didn't fall totally off the radar, however, as he's been blogging his entire getaway, taunting authorities and just generally yakking. Vice magazine—a publication with a well-known knack for getting stories with those on the wrong side of the law—caught up with McAfee and even snapped a picture with him and editor-in-chief Rocco Castoro. The picture was posted, but Castoro forgot to wipe his GPS and revealed McAfee's location: Guatemala. After trying to pretend he'd set the whole thing up as a joke for authorities, McAfee fled again, admitting on his blog that he'd been made but not captured. The takeaway here is that if you're on the lam, just steer clear of reporters ...
Recommended For You
- > Kenny G Thinks He Gave Starbucks the Idea for the Frappuccino, and Who Are We to Argue?
- > Taylor Swift Trademarks 'This Sick Beat,' as Is Her Right as an American
- > The ‘Steve Jobs’ Movie Is Definitely Happening
- > Report: A City of 2 Million People Is Surrounded by Boko Haram Militants
- > GoDaddy Pulls Super Bowl Ad Amidst Outrage