As Marketing Stunts Go, Dove's Is Pretty Good
Even with the nicest, sweetest commercials, it's hard to completely erase the fact that commercials exist for one reason: to get a little more of that sweet cheddar. That doesn't mean commercials can't be nice or even say something true and important about the human condition however, as this short Dove video reveals. Using a sketch artist, a few women pulled in off the street, and some gentle lighting, Dove actually gets us all thinking about our self image. Whatever Dove's end game might be here, what their video accomplishes is very true and beautiful, and is a message we could all do with a little more of ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > U.S. Concerned about North Korean Nukes
- > The Smithsonian and Stan Lee Are Offering an Online Superhero Course
- > Facebook Is Going to Bring Free Internet to 100 Countries
- > K-Cup Creator Feels Bad about All the Pollution Invention Has Caused
- > Protestors Arrested in Ferguson Following Release of DOJ Report