Mark Wahlberg Would Have Been in 'Star Trek' If He Had Understood It
In an interview with Total Film, Mark Wahlberg says that J.J. Abrams asked him to portray James Kirk's father in his first Star Trek movie, the role that eventually went to Chris Hemsworth. Wahlberg said he looked over the script and, well.
I remember [J.J. Abrams] asking me to play Captain Kirk’s father in Star Trek and I tried to read the script, but I couldn’t even– I didn’t understand the words or dialogue or anything. And I said, ‘I couldn’t do this. I think you’re really talented, but I couldn’t do it.’
Now, nobody should rush to judgment here. To be fair, Star Trek movies do have a lot of words that are very hard for people not "in the know" to figure out. If you don't know what a Vulcan is, well, the script does probably start to fall apart a little. Now, it's not like Marky Mark couldn't have asked someone or, perhaps, Google a few terms, if that was really the issue, but then again, why would he? He's a major star. He's got no time for figure out space words. He's got Transformers on the horizon—nobody's ever trying to figure out what's going on in those movies ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > ‘Fixer Upper’ Couple: ‘Our Family Has Made a Commitment to Put Christ First’
- > What the Bible Says About How to Treat Refugees
- > Justin Bieber: I Just Wanna Honestly Live Like Jesus
- > Report: Justin Bieber Turned a Concert into a Church Service
- > The Definitive Ranking of Insanely Awesome Christian Album Covers
- > Dominos Has Created a Button That Automatically Orders Pizza
- > The End Is Near: Nicolas Cage’s ‘Left Behind’ Leaves Netflix on Dec. 1
- > Watch Adele Perform ‘Hello’ with Fallon and The Roots Using Classroom Instruments
- > Here’s the Trailer for ‘Captain America: Civil War’
- > Protestors March in Chicago Following the Release of Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting