Mark Wahlberg Would Have Been in 'Star Trek' If He Had Understood It
In an interview with Total Film, Mark Wahlberg says that J.J. Abrams asked him to portray James Kirk's father in his first Star Trek movie, the role that eventually went to Chris Hemsworth. Wahlberg said he looked over the script and, well.
I remember [J.J. Abrams] asking me to play Captain Kirk’s father in Star Trek and I tried to read the script, but I couldn’t even– I didn’t understand the words or dialogue or anything. And I said, ‘I couldn’t do this. I think you’re really talented, but I couldn’t do it.’
Now, nobody should rush to judgment here. To be fair, Star Trek movies do have a lot of words that are very hard for people not "in the know" to figure out. If you don't know what a Vulcan is, well, the script does probably start to fall apart a little. Now, it's not like Marky Mark couldn't have asked someone or, perhaps, Google a few terms, if that was really the issue, but then again, why would he? He's a major star. He's got no time for figure out space words. He's got Transformers on the horizon—nobody's ever trying to figure out what's going on in those movies ...
Recommended For You
- > Taylor Swift Trademarks 'This Sick Beat,' as Is Her Right as an American
- > The ‘Steve Jobs’ Movie Is Definitely Happening
- > Report: A City of 2 Million People Is Surrounded by Boko Haram Militants
- > GoDaddy Pulls Super Bowl Ad Amidst Outrage
- > This ‘Exploding Kittens’ Card Game Is the Most-Backed Kickstarter Campaign Ever