Mark Driscoll Is Starting A New Church in Arizona
Well, it's official: Mark and Grace Driscoll have announced that they are planting a church in Phoenix, Arizona. The Trinity Church, named after Grace Driscoll’s home church, shares a similar board of advisers to Mars Hill Church—the church in Seattle that Driscoll pastored for the better part of two decades before resigning amid several controversies—even though the words "mars hill" seem to be banned from all communication about this new church. The four pastors who are providing "wise council" include Larry Osbourne, Randal Taylor, Jimmy Evans and Robert Morris. So far, the church is made up of a small team and a P.O. Box, but they are hoping to have services and other ministry opportunities up and running later this year.
Recommended For You
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > World Series MVP Ben Zobrist: ‘We All Need Grace. We All Need Christ’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > New Research Has Shown Greenland's Ice Sheet Could Melt Faster Than Scientists Thought
- > Some Geniuses Created Water-Powered Speeder Bikes from 'Star Wars'
- > Wesley Snipes Is Writing a Novel About Spiritual Warfare
- > The ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ Trailer Just Dropped
- > Watch Pharrell and Kim Burrell Perform the Gospel-Anthem ‘I See a Victory’ on ‘The Tonight Show’