Mark Driscoll Is Starting A New Church in Arizona
Well, it's official: Mark and Grace Driscoll have announced that they are planting a church in Phoenix, Arizona. The Trinity Church, named after Grace Driscoll’s home church, shares a similar board of advisers to Mars Hill Church—the church in Seattle that Driscoll pastored for the better part of two decades before resigning amid several controversies—even though the words "mars hill" seem to be banned from all communication about this new church. The four pastors who are providing "wise council" include Larry Osbourne, Randal Taylor, Jimmy Evans and Robert Morris. So far, the church is made up of a small team and a P.O. Box, but they are hoping to have services and other ministry opportunities up and running later this year.
Recommended For You
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > The UN Just Secured Freedom for 876 Children Who Were Detained by Nigeria's Military
- > The FBI Just Announced It's Reopening Its Investigation into Hillary Clinton’s Emails
- > Burger King Pranked McDonald's By 'Dressing Up' as a McDonald's for Halloween
- > ISIS Just Executed More Than 200 People in Iraq
- > This Video Is a Friendly Reminder Not to Stick Your Head in a Pumpkin