Mark Burnett: ‘Bible’ Follow-up Coming
TV producer Mark Burnett told audiences at the recent Produced By conference that he and his wife Roma Downey are currently working on a follow-up to their successful miniseries, The Bible. The 10-part, scripted look at Bible stories from Genesis to Revelation surprised many entertainment industry analysts by averaging more than 10 million viewers a week when it aired on the History Channel in March. Though he didn’t give many details about the next Bible-related project, he did say it would be “something big.” Burnett also told Producers Guild of America National Executive Director Vance Van Petten that his team has finished editing a feature-length version of the miniseries that focuses on the life of Christ …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > ISIS Stages Mass Execution with What Appear to Be Child Fighters
- > And Now, a Waterskiing Squirrel Filmed with a GoPro Camera
- > ‘A.D.: The Bible Continues’ Cancelled by NBC; Could Come Back Online
- > Discovery Channel Wants Fans of Non-Fictional Sharks to Watch Shark Week Again
- > Survey: 53% of Americans Think God Has a ‘Special Relationship’ with the U.S.A.