Manti Te'o's Prankster Was Actually in Love With Manti Te'o
Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, the man who claims to be behind Manti Te'o's fake girlfriend, has told Dr. Phil that he did the whole thing because he was in love with Te'o. Tuiasosopo denied that Te'o had anything to with his own catfishing, and instead takes full responsibility for creating a crazy-elaborate online persona (falsetto voice and all) in order to have some semblance of a relationship with him. Dr. Phil talked to The Today Show about his interview with Tuiasosopo, saying, “I asked him straight up, ‘Was this a romantic relationship with you?’ and he says, ‘Yes.’ I said, ‘Are you then therefore gay?’ And he said, ‘When you put it that way, yes.’ And then he caught himself and said, ‘I’m confused.’” Well, you and everyone else, Mr. Tuiasosopo. Of course, now it's difficult to not see this whole thing as the product of a very broken individual. Unless you are a television executive, in which case you see this whole thing as a ratings bonanza ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > President Obama Shortened 111 More Prison Sentences
- > Listen to Kirk Franklin and Pharrell Discuss Worship, Faith, Church and the Holy Spirit
- > Hear ColdPlay’s Brief But Beautiful Tribute to Gene Wilder
- > Jimmy Eat World Has Released Another New Song
- > James Corden Told a Really Nice Story About Gene Wilder Last Night