Man Sentenced 30 Years for Trying to Blow Up the Federal Reserve
A Bangladeshi student who was bent on jihad has been sentenced to thirty years in prison for attempting to bomb the Federal Reserve in New York. The whole plot was a fake—engineered by agents—and Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis tried to detonate a truck full of phony explosives before being nabbed by the police. He has since seemed apologetic, saying "I'm ashamed. I'm lost. I tried to do a terrible thing. I alone am responsible for what I've done. Please forgive me," as his sentence was handed down ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Watch Nachos Become a Sad Casualty of an MLB Foul Ball
- > Study: Millennials May Be the Least Religious Generation in American History
- > Google’s ‘Undo Send’ Feature Is Now Available to Everyone
- > ISIS Attacks Hotels in Baghdad and Mosques in Saudi Arabia
- > MIT’s Robo-Cheetah Now Hurdles Obstacles. Sweet Dreams.