Man Hasn't Seen a TV Show Since 1988, Claims to be Fine
Andrew Lohmann, an engineer in Southborough, UK, says he kicked tv out of his house in 1988 and hasn't looked back since, which is just crazy when you think about what an empty, vacant life he must be leading. Lohmann says that he felt tv was distracting him from really living or something. "It was easy to just watch TV. It drew me in," he told reporters. "I was a bit 'junk TV' because I was at home. I didn't read a lot ...so I was taking other people's impressions of things on the television." Hard to believe he's even living any sort of fulfilling life of any kind, not that you'd know it to hear him tell it. He's spent all his time campaigning for nuclear disarmament, working for global peace-keeping groups, served as town counselor and found a knack for cooking. You know, boring, non-tv stuff. "I was definitely more sociable and had lots of women friends," he says, no doubt holding back tears about all the Jersey Shore and iCarly he's missed ...
Recommended For You
- > Israel Will Observe a 12-Hour Ceasefire Starting Saturday
- > Now Marvel Is Eyeing Joaquin Phoenix for Doctor Strange
- > Keith Olbermann's Takedown of the NFL's Double Standard Is a Must-Watch
- > Dad Inventor Creates a Device that Can Fill 37 Water Balloons at One Time
- > The Queen of England Photobombed Some Tourists