Man Hasn't Seen a TV Show Since 1988, Claims to be Fine
Andrew Lohmann, an engineer in Southborough, UK, says he kicked tv out of his house in 1988 and hasn't looked back since, which is just crazy when you think about what an empty, vacant life he must be leading. Lohmann says that he felt tv was distracting him from really living or something. "It was easy to just watch TV. It drew me in," he told reporters. "I was a bit 'junk TV' because I was at home. I didn't read a lot ...so I was taking other people's impressions of things on the television." Hard to believe he's even living any sort of fulfilling life of any kind, not that you'd know it to hear him tell it. He's spent all his time campaigning for nuclear disarmament, working for global peace-keeping groups, served as town counselor and found a knack for cooking. You know, boring, non-tv stuff. "I was definitely more sociable and had lots of women friends," he says, no doubt holding back tears about all the Jersey Shore and iCarly he's missed ...
Recommended For You
- > GamerGate Continues to Be About Misogyny, Despite Its Best Efforts
- > The Perfect Crime: Texting Your Probation Officer for Weed
- > Study: Listening to Music While You Work Makes You More Efficient
- > South Korean KFC’s Version of the Double Down Is Terrifying
- > A Doctor in NYC Has Tested Positive for Ebola