A Lottery Winner Died of Poisoning the Day After He Collected His Jackpot Check
Urooj Khan, a 46-year-old dry cleaner owner, was a Chicago man who seemed like the sort of guy you'd want to win the lottery. When he scratched off the winning ticket at a 7-11, he gave the cashier a hundred dollars on the spot. He had plans to donate a big chunk of his million dollars to a children's hospital. But the day after he collected his check, he was found dead in his apartment, with no sign of trauma. Chicago authorities didn't see anything fishy about a brand new millionaire just up and dying for no reason and ruled that he passed of natural causes. It was only after his bereaved family pushed that they took another look at the case and, yesterday, ruled that Khan had, in fact, been poisoned with cyanide. So, Chicago's got a murder mystery on its hands ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Someone Turned ‘Stranger Things’ Into a ‘Peanuts’-Style Christmas Cartoon
- > UN Struggles to Feed Millions Starving in War-Torn Yemen
- > Indian Railways Block Porn Sites From Their Free Wi-Fi Services in Patna Station
- > 22 Children Killed in Syrian School Airstrikes
- > Selling Custom Flannel Shirts Is the Most Bon Iver Thing Bon Iver Has Ever Done