'Loose Lion' Sparks 911 Call. Turns Out to Be Dog.
A 911 call in Norfolk, Va., alerted police to the presence of a dangerous lion roaming the city streets. Norfolk's finest dutifully called the local zoo to make sure all the jungle kings were accounted for and then hit the pavement, seeking out the identity of this rogue predator. The bad news is, there was no lion wandering around the city—since, of course, a lion wandering around a city would be amazing, albeit somewhat life-threatening. The good news is, they did find a loose labradoodle whose owner had shaved to look like a lion, which is pretty much the next best thing. It turns out Charles the Monarch's owner, Daniel Painter, had his pet shaved to look like the mascot of Old Dominion University and has made him a regular fixture at tailgate parties. People have called the police on Charles before, says Painter. "I tell people he's a Lab-a-lion," he says. "And half the people believe that" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Mythbusters Are Going to Test Walt White’s Machine Gun with Vince Gilligan
- > Polygamists in Montana Apply for Marriage License
- > Here’s What It Would Look Like If You Could See All the Asteroids in the Sky
- > Mosque Raises Thousands to Help Vandalized Catholic Church
- > Happy July 4 Weekend, Here’s a Crow Riding a Bald Eagle