'Loose Lion' Sparks 911 Call. Turns Out to Be Dog.
A 911 call in Norfolk, Va., alerted police to the presence of a dangerous lion roaming the city streets. Norfolk's finest dutifully called the local zoo to make sure all the jungle kings were accounted for and then hit the pavement, seeking out the identity of this rogue predator. The bad news is, there was no lion wandering around the city—since, of course, a lion wandering around a city would be amazing, albeit somewhat life-threatening. The good news is, they did find a loose labradoodle whose owner had shaved to look like a lion, which is pretty much the next best thing. It turns out Charles the Monarch's owner, Daniel Painter, had his pet shaved to look like the mascot of Old Dominion University and has made him a regular fixture at tailgate parties. People have called the police on Charles before, says Painter. "I tell people he's a Lab-a-lion," he says. "And half the people believe that" ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Here's Your First Look at 'Pan'
- > The Internet Is Loving Odell Beckham's Amazing Catch
- > Superhero-Loving Girl Is Not Impressed with Store’s Ad about ‘Gifts for Boys’
- > NFL Star Gets Emotional After Scoring Touchdown for Daughter Born Hours Before
- > Report: Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel Has Been Asked to Resign