'Loose Lion' Sparks 911 Call. Turns Out to Be Dog.
A 911 call in Norfolk, Va., alerted police to the presence of a dangerous lion roaming the city streets. Norfolk's finest dutifully called the local zoo to make sure all the jungle kings were accounted for and then hit the pavement, seeking out the identity of this rogue predator. The bad news is, there was no lion wandering around the city—since, of course, a lion wandering around a city would be amazing, albeit somewhat life-threatening. The good news is, they did find a loose labradoodle whose owner had shaved to look like a lion, which is pretty much the next best thing. It turns out Charles the Monarch's owner, Daniel Painter, had his pet shaved to look like the mascot of Old Dominion University and has made him a regular fixture at tailgate parties. People have called the police on Charles before, says Painter. "I tell people he's a Lab-a-lion," he says. "And half the people believe that" ...
Recommended For You
- > Colin Farrell (and Taylor Kitsch?) Will Star in Season 2 of ‘True Detective’
- > Rumor: Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Play Edward Snowden in Oliver Stone Movie
- > Watch the Most Inspiring Postgame Interview Ever Recorded
- > More than 300K People Marched on New York to Bring Awareness to Climate Change
- > You Too Can Have Miley Cyrus Design Your Next Tattoo