'Loose Lion' Sparks 911 Call. Turns Out to Be Dog.
A 911 call in Norfolk, Va., alerted police to the presence of a dangerous lion roaming the city streets. Norfolk's finest dutifully called the local zoo to make sure all the jungle kings were accounted for and then hit the pavement, seeking out the identity of this rogue predator. The bad news is, there was no lion wandering around the city—since, of course, a lion wandering around a city would be amazing, albeit somewhat life-threatening. The good news is, they did find a loose labradoodle whose owner had shaved to look like a lion, which is pretty much the next best thing. It turns out Charles the Monarch's owner, Daniel Painter, had his pet shaved to look like the mascot of Old Dominion University and has made him a regular fixture at tailgate parties. People have called the police on Charles before, says Painter. "I tell people he's a Lab-a-lion," he says. "And half the people believe that" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- A Revolutionary New Wheelchair Is Changing Lives in Developing Countries3
- Taco Bell Is Now Putting Kit Kat Bars Inside of Quesadillas, Clearly No Longer Cares245
- The UN Just Secured Freedom for 876 Children Who Were Detained by Nigeria's Military57
- The FBI Just Announced It's Reopening Its Investigation into Hillary Clinton’s Emails 490
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > A Revolutionary New Wheelchair Is Changing Lives in Developing Countries
- > Taco Bell Is Now Putting Kit Kat Bars Inside of Quesadillas, Clearly No Longer Cares
- > The UN Just Secured Freedom for 876 Children Who Were Detained by Nigeria's Military
- > The FBI Just Announced It's Reopening Its Investigation into Hillary Clinton’s Emails
- > Gender Gap Report: Women Work More Than Men, Paid Less