A Look at the Outspoken Christian Faith of Trayvon Martin’s Mother
In the wake of the recent George Zimmerman “Not Guilty” verdict, Time magazine has posted a piece that looks at the Christian witness of Sybrina Fulton, the mother of Trayvon Martin. Throughout the trial, Fulton would tweet prayers asking for “the blood of Jesus over this courtroom,” informing followers that “When Christ is the center of your focus, all else will come into proper perspective” and reminding others “that God is truly in control.” On the day Zimmerman was found not guilty, she tweeted, “Lord during my darkest hour I lean on you. You are all that I have. At the end of the day, GOD is still in control.”
No matter what your opinions are about the jury’s verdict, George Zimmerman or Trayvon Martin, the public faith of mother a who has lost her teenage son in a tragic shooting offers an example that speaks louder than debates about gun control, politics or the legal system. Her second to last tweet, the morning before the verdict was announced, read, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight” …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet