A Look at the Highest Grossing Movie Franchises of All Time
Buzzfeed has created this cool, graphical look at the highest grossing movie franchises of all time. Their financial stats have been adjusted for inflation, and the totals only reflect box-office receipts—not merchandise or video sales. James Bond tops the list with more than $14 billion taken in since 007 first hit the big screen in 1972. Star Wars and Harry Potter rank second and third, both bringing in north of $9 billion. There’s also a few surprises on the list: The Mummy movies, the Men and Black franchise and the Planet of the Apes films have collectively brought in more than $4 billion. Shockingly, the Rambo movies failed to break the top 10 …
Recommended For You
- > Steve Carell Is Teaming Up with Charlie Kaufman for a New Sci-Fi Comedy
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > New Zealand Air’s Hobbit-Themed Safety Video Is a Middle Earth Masterpiece
- > Matthew McConaughey's Marriage Advice Actually Isn't Half Bad
- > This Is What a ‘Parks and Rec’ Themed Wedding Looks Like