A Look at the Highest Grossing Movie Franchises of All Time
Buzzfeed has created this cool, graphical look at the highest grossing movie franchises of all time. Their financial stats have been adjusted for inflation, and the totals only reflect box-office receipts—not merchandise or video sales. James Bond tops the list with more than $14 billion taken in since 007 first hit the big screen in 1972. Star Wars and Harry Potter rank second and third, both bringing in north of $9 billion. There’s also a few surprises on the list: The Mummy movies, the Men and Black franchise and the Planet of the Apes films have collectively brought in more than $4 billion. Shockingly, the Rambo movies failed to break the top 10 …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?