A Look at the Highest Grossing Movie Franchises of All Time
Buzzfeed has created this cool, graphical look at the highest grossing movie franchises of all time. Their financial stats have been adjusted for inflation, and the totals only reflect box-office receipts—not merchandise or video sales. James Bond tops the list with more than $14 billion taken in since 007 first hit the big screen in 1972. Star Wars and Harry Potter rank second and third, both bringing in north of $9 billion. There’s also a few surprises on the list: The Mummy movies, the Men and Black franchise and the Planet of the Apes films have collectively brought in more than $4 billion. Shockingly, the Rambo movies failed to break the top 10 …
Recommended For You
- > Believe That Pluto Can Be a Planet Again.
- > Andy Stanley’s North Point Tops This List of the Largest Churches in America
- > Adam Sandler Will Make Four Movies for Netflix
- > New Website Users Automatically Donate a Dollar to a Different Nonprofit Every Day
- > Here’s the New Trailer for ‘Exodus: Gods and Kings’