Lone Gunmen Responsible for Navy Yard Shootings
Police in Washington D.C. say that a lone gunman named Aaron Alexis was responsible for a mass shooting at the Navy Yard that left 12 victims dead yesterday. Alexis was killed in a firefight with police. Throughout the day yesterday, there were conflicting reports from the scene, and initially, police believed that the attack may have been the work of several shooters. Alexis was a private contractor for the Navy, and had special security clearance to enter the headquarters of the Naval Sea Systems Command.
So far, investigators have not identified the 34-year-old’s motive, though he does have a history of run-ins with the law. Before being discharged in 2011, Alexis was a member of the Navy Reserves, who had demonstrated a “pattern of misconduct” throughout his military career. The FBI has asked that anyone with any additional information about Alexis please contact them at 1-800-CALL-FBI …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Who’s Kermit the Frog’s New Girlfriend?
- > Spoon, Arcade Fire and Superchunk Talk Songwriting at SXSW
- > T-Pain’s Auto-Tune-Free National Anthem Was Incredible
- > Bill Maher and Rick Santorum Spar Over Pope’s Teaching on Climate Change
- > American Student Tells Jimmy Fallon How He Stopped a Terrorist Attack on a French Train