In Light of Accusations of Racism, the Food Network Has Dropped Paula Deen
We haven't posted much about the whole Paula Deen thing around here, because all the sources just seemed too questionable to justify the sort of matter-of-fact reporting to which many news outlets were resorting. However, given Deen's three meandering, hastily filmed apologies today—and the news that the Food Network will not be renewing her contract at the end of this season, it appears that the accusations of Ms. Deen—which include casually using racial slurs and discussing her interest in dressing black staffers like slaves at an event—have at least some truth to them ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > Top Theater Chains Cancel Showings of ‘The Interview’ After Hacker Threats
- > Video Shows Just How Much Megatron Hates Selfies
- > The New Season of ‘Parks and Rec’ Will Take Place in the Future
- > Here's the First Preview for the Colbert Show Replacement, 'The Nightly Show'
- > Horrible Details of the Taliban's School Attack Emerge