In Light of Accusations of Racism, the Food Network Has Dropped Paula Deen
We haven't posted much about the whole Paula Deen thing around here, because all the sources just seemed too questionable to justify the sort of matter-of-fact reporting to which many news outlets were resorting. However, given Deen's three meandering, hastily filmed apologies today—and the news that the Food Network will not be renewing her contract at the end of this season, it appears that the accusations of Ms. Deen—which include casually using racial slurs and discussing her interest in dressing black staffers like slaves at an event—have at least some truth to them ...
Recommended For You
- > Steve Carell Is Teaming Up with Charlie Kaufman for a New Sci-Fi Comedy
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > New Zealand Air’s Hobbit-Themed Safety Video Is a Middle Earth Masterpiece
- > Matthew McConaughey's Marriage Advice Actually Isn't Half Bad
- > This Is What a ‘Parks and Rec’ Themed Wedding Looks Like