In Light of Accusations of Racism, the Food Network Has Dropped Paula Deen
We haven't posted much about the whole Paula Deen thing around here, because all the sources just seemed too questionable to justify the sort of matter-of-fact reporting to which many news outlets were resorting. However, given Deen's three meandering, hastily filmed apologies today—and the news that the Food Network will not be renewing her contract at the end of this season, it appears that the accusations of Ms. Deen—which include casually using racial slurs and discussing her interest in dressing black staffers like slaves at an event—have at least some truth to them ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?