LifeWay Won't Sell Rachel Held Evan's "A Year of Biblical Womanhood"
Rachel Held Evans, whose hyper-popular blog has now warranted a second book of her musings on faith, life and femininity, spent one year conforming her life to all of the Bible instructions (everything from making her own clothes to submitting to her husband) for women. She wrote about the experience in her new book A Year of Biblical Womanhood and now LifeWay, the largest Christian retailer in the country, has decided not to carry it. The Southern Baptist-helmed industry didn't elaborate on what exactly was wrong with her book, (Evans says they've privately denied the rumors that it had to do with her using the word vagina) but the two have locked horns before: Evans was vocal about her disapproval of LifeWay booting The Blindside from its shelves ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Peak Summer Stargazing Season Starts Tonight
- > 'Story of God with Morgan Freeman' Gets a Season 2
- > Here’s a Look at the New Season of ‘Gilmore Girls’
- > Chris Pratt Asks Twitter Followers to Pray for a Fan’s Young Son Suffering From Brain Cancer
- > Apple Music Will Be the Home to the ‘Carpool Karaoke' Series