LifeWay Won't Sell Rachel Held Evan's "A Year of Biblical Womanhood"
Rachel Held Evans, whose hyper-popular blog has now warranted a second book of her musings on faith, life and femininity, spent one year conforming her life to all of the Bible instructions (everything from making her own clothes to submitting to her husband) for women. She wrote about the experience in her new book A Year of Biblical Womanhood and now LifeWay, the largest Christian retailer in the country, has decided not to carry it. The Southern Baptist-helmed industry didn't elaborate on what exactly was wrong with her book, (Evans says they've privately denied the rumors that it had to do with her using the word vagina) but the two have locked horns before: Evans was vocal about her disapproval of LifeWay booting The Blindside from its shelves ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Archaeologists Just Found One of King Hezekiah’s Toilets, and It May Prove the Bible
- > It’s #NationalCoffeeDay. Here’s Where To Get Your Fix
- > This Trailer for ‘Sky Ladder’ Is Seriously Stunning
- > Mark Your Calendars: Netflix Announced ‘Gilmore Girls’ Is Coming Back on Nov. 25
- > Start Your Morning with This Video of a T-Rex Doing Tricks on a Jet Ski, Because Why Not?