LifeWay Won't Sell Rachel Held Evan's "A Year of Biblical Womanhood"
Rachel Held Evans, whose hyper-popular blog has now warranted a second book of her musings on faith, life and femininity, spent one year conforming her life to all of the Bible instructions (everything from making her own clothes to submitting to her husband) for women. She wrote about the experience in her new book A Year of Biblical Womanhood and now LifeWay, the largest Christian retailer in the country, has decided not to carry it. The Southern Baptist-helmed industry didn't elaborate on what exactly was wrong with her book, (Evans says they've privately denied the rumors that it had to do with her using the word vagina) but the two have locked horns before: Evans was vocal about her disapproval of LifeWay booting The Blindside from its shelves ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > There Are No Words to Describe This ‘Star Wars’ LED Christmas Light Display
- > 54 Nigerian Soldiers Have Been Sentenced to Death for Not Fighting Boko Haram
- > Marcel the Shell's 'Landslide' Cover Will Calm Your Fears
- > Now Steve Carrell’s Upcoming North Korea Movie Has Been Canned
- > The Death Penalty Is in Dramatic Decline in the U.S.