LifeWay Won't Sell Rachel Held Evan's "A Year of Biblical Womanhood"
Rachel Held Evans, whose hyper-popular blog has now warranted a second book of her musings on faith, life and femininity, spent one year conforming her life to all of the Bible instructions (everything from making her own clothes to submitting to her husband) for women. She wrote about the experience in her new book A Year of Biblical Womanhood and now LifeWay, the largest Christian retailer in the country, has decided not to carry it. The Southern Baptist-helmed industry didn't elaborate on what exactly was wrong with her book, (Evans says they've privately denied the rumors that it had to do with her using the word vagina) but the two have locked horns before: Evans was vocal about her disapproval of LifeWay booting The Blindside from its shelves ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Texas Lawmaker Files Bill That Would Abolish Abortion in Texas
- > This Footage of the Northern Lights Is the Inspiration Your Monday Needs
- > Watch Andrew Garfield Discuss Discovering Jesus, Spiritual Warfare and More with Stephen Colbert
- > This New Pearl Vision Ad Is Moving
- > New James Cameron TV Show Will Go Into the History of Sci-Fi