Let's Keep Pretending Like "The 5 Second Rule" Is Real
Sometimes, just getting through the day involves willful suspension of disbelief. You start thinking about everything that could go wrong—that may very well be going wrong—and you lose your mind. If you were fully aware and cognizant of every little danger that invaded life each day, you'd never go outside. So Clorox's little scientific study about the 5 Second Rule—the rule that suggests you can grab your food off the floor, provided you get to it in 5 seconds—shouldn't ruin your day. The fact that they found that most germs can get to your food in well under 5 seconds needn't impede any way you live your life. It's just one more knick on the razor's edge everyone has to live on. Carry on ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Here's Your First Look at 'Pan'
- > The Internet Is Loving Odell Beckham's Amazing Catch
- > Superhero-Loving Girl Is Not Impressed with Store’s Ad about ‘Gifts for Boys’
- > NFL Star Gets Emotional After Scoring Touchdown for Daughter Born Hours Before
- > Report: Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel Has Been Asked to Resign