Let's Keep Pretending Like "The 5 Second Rule" Is Real
Sometimes, just getting through the day involves willful suspension of disbelief. You start thinking about everything that could go wrong—that may very well be going wrong—and you lose your mind. If you were fully aware and cognizant of every little danger that invaded life each day, you'd never go outside. So Clorox's little scientific study about the 5 Second Rule—the rule that suggests you can grab your food off the floor, provided you get to it in 5 seconds—shouldn't ruin your day. The fact that they found that most germs can get to your food in well under 5 seconds needn't impede any way you live your life. It's just one more knick on the razor's edge everyone has to live on. Carry on ...
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer Team Up For A New Film
- > Biebs Is Bringing Back the WWJD Bracelet
- > Just Try to Contain Your Excitement: There’s a New Album on the Way From Adele
- > Behind-the-Scenes of ‘Captive’: The Story of the ‘Purpose Driven Life’ Hostage Stand-off
- > Trippy New PSA Uses Internet Memes to Warn of the Dangers of Smoking