Let's All Move Here
Do you ever get just a little tired of earth? Sure, it's pretty and all—but most of it is water, which you can't even build a house on. And there are mountains and French Fries and Netflix. But even so, maybe it'd be nice to try another world for a little bit. It's a slightly more feasible dream now, owing to the discovery of a new planet right in our backyard (four lightyears away. A jog down the block, basically.) Announced in Nature, scientist Stephane Udry says that "It's a landmark discovery because it's very low mass and it's our closest neighbor. Its orbit is very close to its star and it must be much too hot for life as we know it but it may well be just one planet in a system of several." By the way, "too hot for life as we know it" is about "2,192 Fahrenheit" and also it'll take us all about 40,000 years to get there. So, maybe plans to move are a little premature ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Here’s an Easy Way to Figure Out If You’re Registered to Vote
- > An iPal Robot Has Been Developed To Take Care Of Kids And Its Pretty Creepy
- > This Insane Slackline Video Will Make You Break Out in a Cold Sweat
- > Black Man Beaten and Arrested By Police for Sitting on His Own Front Porch
- > Watch Hillsong United Perform ‘Street Called Mercy’ from the Via Dolorosa