Let's All Move Here
Do you ever get just a little tired of earth? Sure, it's pretty and all—but most of it is water, which you can't even build a house on. And there are mountains and French Fries and Netflix. But even so, maybe it'd be nice to try another world for a little bit. It's a slightly more feasible dream now, owing to the discovery of a new planet right in our backyard (four lightyears away. A jog down the block, basically.) Announced in Nature, scientist Stephane Udry says that "It's a landmark discovery because it's very low mass and it's our closest neighbor. Its orbit is very close to its star and it must be much too hot for life as we know it but it may well be just one planet in a system of several." By the way, "too hot for life as we know it" is about "2,192 Fahrenheit" and also it'll take us all about 40,000 years to get there. So, maybe plans to move are a little premature ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > ‘Fixer Upper’ Couple: ‘Our Family Has Made a Commitment to Put Christ First’
- > What the Bible Says About How to Treat Refugees
- > Justin Bieber: I Just Wanna Honestly Live Like Jesus
- > Report: Justin Bieber Turned a Concert into a Church Service
- > The Definitive Ranking of Insanely Awesome Christian Album Covers