At Least You Didn't Drop a $77,000 Bottle of Cognac
A man in a London restaurant asked to see a bottle of the recently acquired Cognac Clos du Griffier, a cognac from 1788. You might expect that a vintage that was bottled while the ink on the Declaration was still wet would cost a a lot, but even so, we can all agree that we did not expect it would cost $77,000. But that's what it cost, and the cognac's new owners were planning on using it to craft the world's most expensive cocktail for Guinness World Records next week. Except, when they pulled the bottle out to show a customer who was anxious to see it, the customer accidentally knocked the bottle out of the server's hands, shattering it, remarkably not sending him into a catatonic shock but almost certainly ruining his day. So, although you are undoubtedly facing your own challenges today, take a little comfort in the fact that you did not break one of the world's most expensive bottles of anything ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Superhero-Loving Girl Is Not Impressed with Store’s Ad about ‘Gifts for Boys’
- > NFL Star Gets Emotional After Scoring Touchdown for Daughter Born Hours Before
- > Report: Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel Has Been Asked to Resign
- > Apple Launches New RED Campaign to Raise Money for AIDS/HIV Victims
- > Here’s Your First Look at 'Jurassic World'