Leader of Hungary's Anti-Semitic Party Finds Out He's Jewish
In a story that might be considered sort of a cautionary tale for groups that pilfer hate and fear of your neighbors, Csanad Szegedi—the leader of Hungary's overtly anti-Semitic Jobbik Party—has discovered that he is Jewish. Very Jewish. As in, both of his grandparents spent years in Nazi concentration camps. This came as a tough blow for a man who continuously railed against the "Jewishness" of Hungary's political elite. He was first confronted with the evidence back in 2010, by a prisoner who had evidence of Szegedi's mother's Jewish roots. Szegedi bribed the man to keep him quiet, but rumors spread and, in June, he resigned from all party positions. Even this wasn't enough for the Jobbik party, who have forced him out of European Parliament as well. The story appears to be ending on a high note, as Szegedi is making a pilgrimage of sorts: he's going to Auschwitz to pay respects to the Jewish martyrs ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- Live Mas Alert: Taco Bell Is Now Selling Tacos with Shells Made Out of Fried Chicken2
- Stephen Colbert Didn’t Appreciate Jeb Bush Running a ‘Late Show’ Contest, So He Launched a Bush Contest6
- Yes, God Is Calling You to Be a Missionary377
- Police: Second Video Shows Gilbert Flores Had a Knife When He Was Shot3
- > Live Mas Alert: Taco Bell Is Now Selling Tacos with Shells Made Out of Fried Chicken
- > Stephen Colbert Didn’t Appreciate Jeb Bush Running a ‘Late Show’ Contest, So He Launched a Bush Contest
- > Police: Second Video Shows Gilbert Flores Had a Knife When He Was Shot
- > Who Wants to See a Guy Set a World Record for Typing Fast with His Nose?
- > Nickelodeon Might Bring Back ‘Doug’, ‘Rugrats’ and Other Classic Shows