Ladies and Gentlemen, Introducing the 2014 Color of the Year
It is with great pleasure that the Pantone Color Institute announces that “Radiant Orchid” has been named the 2014 Color of the Year. According to Pantone, the color—that uninformed, non-color-institute-attending amateurs may refer to as “sorta purply”—is “an invitation to innovation” and will be used by all of the hottest designers in 2014 to create, new orchid-inspired garments that glow radiance. Narrowly beating out other favorites like “blue” and “green”, Radiant Orchid is—according to Patone’s executive director—“creativity and originality” blended into one glorious shade of pinkish purply …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Diplomats Working Toward Temporary Cease-Fire in Syria
- > Here's the First Trailer for Cameron Crowe's Showtime Show 'Roadies'
- > Two Teens in Arizona Were Killed in (Yet Another) School Shooting
- > Jimmy Fallon Interviews Peyton Manning...Or Is It?
- > A 10-Year ‘Friday Night Lights’ Reunion Is in the Works