Ladies and Gentlemen, Introducing the 2014 Color of the Year
It is with great pleasure that the Pantone Color Institute announces that “Radiant Orchid” has been named the 2014 Color of the Year. According to Pantone, the color—that uninformed, non-color-institute-attending amateurs may refer to as “sorta purply”—is “an invitation to innovation” and will be used by all of the hottest designers in 2014 to create, new orchid-inspired garments that glow radiance. Narrowly beating out other favorites like “blue” and “green”, Radiant Orchid is—according to Patone’s executive director—“creativity and originality” blended into one glorious shade of pinkish purply …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > 54 Nigerian Soldiers Have Been Sentenced to Death for Not Fighting Boko Haram
- > Marcel the Shell's 'Landslide' Cover Will Calm Your Fears
- > Now Steve Carrell’s Upcoming North Korea Movie Has Been Canned
- > The Death Penalty Is in Dramatic Decline in the U.S.
- > Top Theater Chains Cancel Showings of ‘The Interview’ After Hacker Threats