Just 1 in 7 Pastors Are Now Under the Age of 40
New research shows that Christian pastors in America are getting older.
The State of Pastors 2017 study, which was conduct in a partnership between Pepperdine University and Barna, found that age of the average pastor has risen somewhat dramatically since 1991, when it was 44-years-old. Today, the average age is 54.
And, only 1 in 7 are younger than the age of 40. The research team conducted more than 14,000 interviews over the course of three years.
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Royal Caribbean Wants to Hire Someone to Go on Cruises and Post to Instagram
- > Tim Tebow Hosted an Event That Benefited 75,000 People With Disabilities
- > An 8-Year-Old Refugee Comforted a Dog Hit by a Car Until He Could Get Help
- > Jewish Community Centers and Schools Across the Country Received Bomb Threats Today
- > This New ‘Kong: Skull Island’ Trailer Is Bananas
- > Watch Carl Lentz Preach a Mini-Sermon on ‘The Dr. Oz Show'
- > Here’s What Saved Kirk Franklin’s Marriage