Josh Hamilton in Shape Thanks to Fasting and 'Juice Lady'
When reporters asked the Los Angeles Angels’ new slugger, Josh Hamilton, what his secret was for staying in such good shape during the off-season, he told them it was partly due to the “juicy lady” infomercial. He’s actually referring to spirituality and nutrition author Cherie Calbom, who is, indeed, known as “The Juice Lady.” According to the Orange County Register,
“The weight loss began as part of a fast Hamilton underwent for his church, he said. He gave up bread. ‘The Lord kept waking me up in the middle of the night over a month and every time I'd wake up there'd be a doctor on [TV] talking about what you put in your body and how it makes you feel,’ Hamilton said. ‘And then the juice lady was on. It was like, all right, I always pray the Lord will help me feel better. Well, that's all great, but am I doing my part? Now its time for me to do my part.’"
In the past, Hamilton has been vocal about how his Christian faith has been an important part in his fight against addiction …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Outrage: Officials Just Decided That ‘Boaty McBoatface' Will Be Called the ‘RRS Sir David Attenborough’
- > Here’s the New Justin Timberlake Song He Made for a Troll Movie
- > Meet Your New Han Solo: Alden Ehrenreich
- > Chance the Rapper Debuted a Worshipful New Song Called ‘Blessings’ on ‘The Tonight Show’
- > California Is About to Raise the Legal Age for Smoking and Vaping to 21