Josh Hamilton in Shape Thanks to Fasting and 'Juice Lady'
When reporters asked the Los Angeles Angels’ new slugger, Josh Hamilton, what his secret was for staying in such good shape during the off-season, he told them it was partly due to the “juicy lady” infomercial. He’s actually referring to spirituality and nutrition author Cherie Calbom, who is, indeed, known as “The Juice Lady.” According to the Orange County Register,
“The weight loss began as part of a fast Hamilton underwent for his church, he said. He gave up bread. ‘The Lord kept waking me up in the middle of the night over a month and every time I'd wake up there'd be a doctor on [TV] talking about what you put in your body and how it makes you feel,’ Hamilton said. ‘And then the juice lady was on. It was like, all right, I always pray the Lord will help me feel better. Well, that's all great, but am I doing my part? Now its time for me to do my part.’"
In the past, Hamilton has been vocal about how his Christian faith has been an important part in his fight against addiction …
Recommended For You
- > The New Trailer for Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' Is Just Incredible
- > Stop What You're Doing and Watch These Cocoa Farmers Taste Chocolate for the First Time
- > Allison Williams Will Play Peter Pan in NBC's Next Musical
- > Tender-Hearted Child Learns the Cold Truth About Growing Up
- > A Sitcom about the Life of Jim Gaffigan Is in the Works