Josh Hamilton in Shape Thanks to Fasting and 'Juice Lady'
When reporters asked the Los Angeles Angels’ new slugger, Josh Hamilton, what his secret was for staying in such good shape during the off-season, he told them it was partly due to the “juicy lady” infomercial. He’s actually referring to spirituality and nutrition author Cherie Calbom, who is, indeed, known as “The Juice Lady.” According to the Orange County Register,
“The weight loss began as part of a fast Hamilton underwent for his church, he said. He gave up bread. ‘The Lord kept waking me up in the middle of the night over a month and every time I'd wake up there'd be a doctor on [TV] talking about what you put in your body and how it makes you feel,’ Hamilton said. ‘And then the juice lady was on. It was like, all right, I always pray the Lord will help me feel better. Well, that's all great, but am I doing my part? Now its time for me to do my part.’"
In the past, Hamilton has been vocal about how his Christian faith has been an important part in his fight against addiction …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > Here Are Some Interactive Apple Watch Sample Apps
- > Rikers Inmates Team Up to Save Guard From Sexual Assault
- > Report: Jennifer Lawrence to Star in Spielberg’s New War Film
- > Here's a Crazy New 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer
- > Vince Vaughn’s iStock Photos Will Interject Some Life into Your PowerPoint Presentation