Josh Hamilton in Shape Thanks to Fasting and 'Juice Lady'
When reporters asked the Los Angeles Angels’ new slugger, Josh Hamilton, what his secret was for staying in such good shape during the off-season, he told them it was partly due to the “juicy lady” infomercial. He’s actually referring to spirituality and nutrition author Cherie Calbom, who is, indeed, known as “The Juice Lady.” According to the Orange County Register,
“The weight loss began as part of a fast Hamilton underwent for his church, he said. He gave up bread. ‘The Lord kept waking me up in the middle of the night over a month and every time I'd wake up there'd be a doctor on [TV] talking about what you put in your body and how it makes you feel,’ Hamilton said. ‘And then the juice lady was on. It was like, all right, I always pray the Lord will help me feel better. Well, that's all great, but am I doing my part? Now its time for me to do my part.’"
In the past, Hamilton has been vocal about how his Christian faith has been an important part in his fight against addiction …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today