Joplin Mosque Razed by Arson
A mosque in southwest Missouri was burned to the ground in the second blaze to be inflicted on it this month. Police searched the ashes for evidence of arson, while a small group of Muslims gathered for prayer. "Maybe there is something we are supposed to learn from this," said Imam Lahmuddin, the mosque leader. Jill Michel, the pastor of the local South Joplin Christian Church, has said that several churches have offered their buildings as space for the Islamic Society to gather in until they are able to rebuild. "I can't imagine driving up to my church and having it burned to the ground," Michel said. "I worry about what any of this sort of thing says about humanity" ...
Recommended For You
- > Almost Half of the Syrian Population Is Now Displaced
- > Bill Murray Took Tickets at a Minor League Baseball Game This Week
- > Officials in Missouri Are Being Sued for $40 Million Following Ferguson Crackdown
- > Here’s a Look at Google’s Drone Delivery System, Project Wing
- > ‘Simpsons’ Mini-Marathons Will Be a Part of FXX’s Daily Lineup Moving Forward