John Piper Moves On
John Piper has preached his last sermon as pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church. The famed author and speaker now plans to devote most of his time to DesiringGod.org and Bethlehem College and Seminary. Jason Meyer, a New Testament professor at the school, will be replacing Piper as head pastor of the church. David Mathis wrote in a blog post that "It’s the end of an era — the era of Piper as local-church pastor — but God willing, just the beginning of a new season of ministry" ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > Icing-Filled Cap’n Crunch-Covered Donut Holes Are Being Sold at Taco Bell
- > Kanye's New Album Will Be Called ‘So Help Me God’
- > Police Kill Man on Skid Row During Confrontation Caught on Tape
- > Guy Gets ‘The Dress’ Tattooed on His Leg, and It’s Definitely Black and Blue
- > The New Issue of RELEVANT Is Here