John Piper Moves On
John Piper has preached his last sermon as pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church. The famed author and speaker now plans to devote most of his time to DesiringGod.org and Bethlehem College and Seminary. Jason Meyer, a New Testament professor at the school, will be replacing Piper as head pastor of the church. David Mathis wrote in a blog post that "It’s the end of an era — the era of Piper as local-church pastor — but God willing, just the beginning of a new season of ministry" ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > New Report: Number of Abortions in the U.S. Continues to Decline
- > At Least 21 Killed By Boko Haram Suicide Bomber in Nigeria
- > Cards Against Humanity’s Black Friday Sale: Pay $5 for Nothing
- > Study: 41% of Shoppers Feel Like They Need to Spend More Than They Can Afford at Christmas
- > Report: Saudi Arabia Will Behead at Least 50 People in One Day