John Piper Moves On
John Piper has preached his last sermon as pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church. The famed author and speaker now plans to devote most of his time to DesiringGod.org and Bethlehem College and Seminary. Jason Meyer, a New Testament professor at the school, will be replacing Piper as head pastor of the church. David Mathis wrote in a blog post that "It’s the end of an era — the era of Piper as local-church pastor — but God willing, just the beginning of a new season of ministry" ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President