John Piper Moves On
John Piper has preached his last sermon as pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church. The famed author and speaker now plans to devote most of his time to DesiringGod.org and Bethlehem College and Seminary. Jason Meyer, a New Testament professor at the school, will be replacing Piper as head pastor of the church. David Mathis wrote in a blog post that "It’s the end of an era — the era of Piper as local-church pastor — but God willing, just the beginning of a new season of ministry" ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > Investigation Discovery Just Announced a Special About Adnan Syed
- > Hear the Spoken-Word Harvard Graduation Speech Everyone Is Talking About
- > Tragedy: Migrant Death Toll Has Surpassed 1,000 in the Last Week
- > Netanyahu: Israel Is ‘Willing to Negotiate with the Arab States’ For a Two-State Solution
- > Some Zookeepers Strapped a GoPro on Top of a Cheetah, And It Turned Out Pretty Cool