John Piper’s Farewell Sermon
This weekend marks the first Sunday in 33 years that John Piper will not be the pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minnesota. As previously reported, the 67-year-old writer, speaker and church leader now plans to devote most of his efforts to his ministry website DesiringGod.org and Bethlehem College and Seminary. On Easter Sunday, he preached his last sermon at the church; you can go here to watch Piper’s final message to his congregation, "God Raised Your Great Shepherd from the Dead, a Farewell Sermon" ….
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > DOJ Investigation into Ferguson PD Finds Racism and Constitutional Violations
- > Netanyahu: Deal with Iran Could Lead to Nation Getting the Nuclear Weapons
- > Report: Hillary Clinton Only Used Personal Email While Secretary of State
- > NHL Player’s Daughter Writes Adorable Letter to Get Dad Traded Closer to Home
- > Watch Colbert Discuss the Bible, Faith and Hymns with Fr. James Martin