John Cusack Wins Us All Back
If you know nothing else about the '80s, you know this: John Cusack, boombox over his head, blaring Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes," in an unsuccessful attempt to win back the girl of his dreams. It's an iconic moment that has probably prompted too many real life copycats but, let's be frank, things between us and John Cusack have been rough lately. 2012., The Raven and now his latest. The Paperboy, is getting rough reviews. Whatever happened to Lloyd Dobler's stubborn belief in truest love, despite all evidence to the contrary? We may never know for certain, but a glimpse of it returned last weekend, when Cusack joined Gabriel's performance of "In Your Eyes" with a boombox over his head just like the John Cusack we've always known was still in there somewhere ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Donald Glover Is the New Lando Calrissian
- > This Guy Films Himself Singing in the Car, But Ends Up Recording His Own Car Accident
- > China Releases a Christian Pastor Jailed 7 Years for Organizing a Prayer Meeting
- > Watch Jimmy Kimmel Hire Doctor Strange to Do Magic Tricks at a Kids’ Party
- > 72 Sex Slaves Freed in an International FBI Sting Operation