John Cusack Wins Us All Back
If you know nothing else about the '80s, you know this: John Cusack, boombox over his head, blaring Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes," in an unsuccessful attempt to win back the girl of his dreams. It's an iconic moment that has probably prompted too many real life copycats but, let's be frank, things between us and John Cusack have been rough lately. 2012., The Raven and now his latest. The Paperboy, is getting rough reviews. Whatever happened to Lloyd Dobler's stubborn belief in truest love, despite all evidence to the contrary? We may never know for certain, but a glimpse of it returned last weekend, when Cusack joined Gabriel's performance of "In Your Eyes" with a boombox over his head just like the John Cusack we've always known was still in there somewhere ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President
- > Sir Patrick Stewart Just Got Cast as a Very Special Character in the new 'Emoji Movie'
- > 'Wayne's World' Is Returning to a Theater Near You
- > Abortions in America Have Dropped to the Lowest Number Since Just After 'Roe'