Jesus, Gandhi and Mother Teresa Star in UNICEF’s New Ad Campaign
Three very familiar faces are featured in UNICEF Sweden’s new ad campaign that encourages viewers to purchase life-saving medical supplies for children in need this Christmas. Obviously, “The Good Guys” campaign is a bit irreverent, but for advertisements that show three revered religious figures—including Jesus Christ—in a humorous light, the series is actually pretty good-natured. The message of the spots is simple—by helping others, you are emulating the actions of Jesus. You can go here to see the other two ads—which get increasingly more jokey (in one, Jesus accidently clicks a banner ad for an ab roller workout machine), but are still relatively lighthearted ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > DOJ Investigation into Ferguson PD Finds Racism and Constitutional Violations
- > Netanyahu: Deal with Iran Could Lead to Nation Getting the Nuclear Weapons
- > Report: Hillary Clinton Only Used Personal Email While Secretary of State
- > NHL Player’s Daughter Writes Adorable Letter to Get Dad Traded Closer to Home
- > Watch Colbert Discuss the Bible, Faith and Hymns with Fr. James Martin