Jennifer Garner Returned to Church After Appearing in Faith-Based Movie
Actress Jennifer Garner is starring in an upcoming movie called Miracles from Heaven. The film is based on the true story of the Beam family who had to lean on their faith during their daughter's near-death experience and her long battle with a chronic digestive disease. Garner, who plays Christy Beam, the mother of the young girl, got a lot more out of the experience than just a good movie. While on the road promoting the film, she stopped by Bishop T.D. Jakes' church to attend Sunday service and spoke about the life-changing impact the movie has played in her personal life. "I fell so in love with this family, I fell so in love with their love for each other. I fell so in love with their faith. It was a transformative experience to play this woman right here, she made me stronger," she said about playing Christy.
Garner hasn't openly spoken about her faith in the past, a fact she attributes to her community in Los Angeles. "[Faith] is a topic that has become very political. If you're a person of faith, you are so on the outside, that there's no way to bridge to somebody that's 'normal'," she shared during a Q&A in Dallas. The actress noted that the normal posture of the industry doesn't include talking about faith in between takes, but this movie was very different in that respect. A fact that she says had an impact on her family:
I will say that being around this community, and while I've always gone to church in West Virginia, that when I got back to Los Angeles, I was talking to my kids about the movie and they said, 'Mom you don't take us to church,' and we went that Sunday, and they went today without me. That decision was a direct gift from this movie and for that I'm very grateful.
Recommended For You
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Donald Glover Is the New Lando Calrissian
- > This Guy Films Himself Singing in the Car, But Ends Up Recording His Own Car Accident
- > China Releases a Christian Pastor Jailed 7 Years for Organizing a Prayer Meeting
- > Watch Jimmy Kimmel Hire Doctor Strange to Do Magic Tricks at a Kids’ Party
- > 72 Sex Slaves Freed in an International FBI Sting Operation