It's Vladimir Putin Against American Would-Be Parents
Russian president Vladimir Putin signed a bill today that bans Americans from adopting Russian children. The bill also forbids NGOs receiving American funds to be closed if the organizations are in any way political. It's widely understood this bill was passed in response to President Obama's recent sanction against Russians believed to be human rights violators. Putin also claims the U.S. funded and supported anti-government protests that arose in Russia last winter. There are currently 740,000 orphans in Russia, with 18,000 Russian adults on a waiting list to adopt. Previously, the U.S. had been the highest adoptive destination for Russian children ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > RIP, Jared Leto's Long Hair. You Were Too Beautiful For This World.
- > Outrageous: Man Burned By Fajitas While Praying Can't Sue Applebee's
- > U.S. Concerned about North Korean Nukes
- > Milk that Tastes Like Peeps Is the Ultimate Easter Beverage
- > The Smithsonian and Stan Lee Are Offering an Online Superhero Course