It’s Official, Social Media Is Making Us More Rude
As anyone who has ever posted anything even remotely political or mildly opinionated on Facebook has inevitably learned, social media is making us ruder. A new study shows that almost 80% of people surveyed experienced an “increase in rudeness” on social media sites, and one-in-five have actually reduced real-world, face-to-face contact with a friend over an online confrontation. Almost 20% of those surveyed has blocked or unfriended someone because of an online argument. If you have a hard time believing that social media is turning a segment of society into a bunch of jerks, do your own research study: Just post your thoughts about a controversial social issue, admiration of your favorite sports team, or a negative opinion about a popular TV show …
Recommended For You
- > Hero Drummer Adds a Little Pizzazz to Hillsong United's 'Oceans'
- > Jimmy Fallon Is Making Up Good News Again, Because Sometimes You Just Need to Feel Happy
- > Major Sponsor Pulls Out of the NFL’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month Campaign
- > Scotland Will Remain a Part of the United Kingdom
- > Zack Snyder and JJ Abrams Are Having a Star Wars/Batman Mashup Twitter War