ISIS Destroys Palmyra Columns By Tying People to Them and Blowing Them Up
Terrorists from the radical Islamic group ISIS have destroyed parts of Syria’s historic Palmyra Columns by tying three people to them, and then blowing them up. It is not clear yet what led to the gruesome executions, though ISIS is known for publicly murdering individuals who do not adhere to their radical ideology. The 2,000 year columns (pictured here), which were once part of an elaborate Roman aqueduct, are a UNESCO world heritage site, and have largely been considered one of the great architectural landmarks of the ancient world. ISIS has taken over large swaths of Syria and parts of Iraq, frequently using elaborate forms of public executions to garner international attention.
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Royal Caribbean Wants to Hire Someone to Go on Cruises and Post to Instagram
- > Tim Tebow Hosted an Event That Benefited 75,000 People With Disabilities
- > An 8-Year-Old Refugee Comforted a Dog Hit by a Car Until He Could Get Help
- > Jewish Community Centers and Schools Across the Country Received Bomb Threats Today
- > This New ‘Kong: Skull Island’ Trailer Is Bananas
- > Watch Carl Lentz Preach a Mini-Sermon on ‘The Dr. Oz Show'
- > Here’s What Saved Kirk Franklin’s Marriage