Iran Confiscates Buddha Statues, ‘The Simpsons’
Officials in Iran are continuing their cultural “cleansing” initiative by confiscating statues of Buddha sold in local stores. The statues join a seemingly random list of other banned items, like Barbie dolls and anything that uses characters from The Simpsons. Though the Iranian constitution says that the rights of non-Muslims should be observed, they say the products are part of a “cultural invasion” …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Apple Launches New RED Campaign to Raise Money for AIDS/HIV Victims
- > Here’s Your First Look at 'Jurassic World'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan