Iran Confiscates Buddha Statues, ‘The Simpsons’
Officials in Iran are continuing their cultural “cleansing” initiative by confiscating statues of Buddha sold in local stores. The statues join a seemingly random list of other banned items, like Barbie dolls and anything that uses characters from The Simpsons. Though the Iranian constitution says that the rights of non-Muslims should be observed, they say the products are part of a “cultural invasion” …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Amazon’s ‘Dash’ Automatic Ordering Button Is Evidently Not a Prank
- > U.S. Foreign Adoptions are the Lowest They’ve Been Since 1982
- > Noose Found Hanging on Duke Campus. Investigation Underway.
- > Netflix Wants to Remind You of the 'Dangers' of Binge-Watching
- > Spray for Cyclists Lights Up at Night But Is Invisible During the Day