Introducing the Wooden Skyscraper
A skyscraper made out of wood sounds like a pretty radical idea, but if the plans for this 34-story building are chosen as part of a design competition, it could become a reality by 2023. The designs are from a Scandinavian architecture firm for a massive new apartment complex in Stockholm, Sweden, and its designers say that wooden skyscrapers could offer a much more eco-friendly option than concrete and steel. According to the firm, traditional construction accounts for 30-40 percent of all CO2 emissions, but a wooden building would decrease emissions and produce far less waste …
Recommended For YouView More in Reject Apathy
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet