Indiana Jones and the Case of the Awesome Package
Yesterday, the University of Chicago wrote that it had received a mysterious package addressed to one "Henry Walton Jones, Jr."—who, as you may know, is one of the university's most famous graduates who went on to have many pulse-pounding adventures with a colorful cast of characters (and one very boring one with Shia LeBeouf) and is known to the world as Indiana Jones. The mystery deepened when the package was opened, unveiling, to quote the university's admissions Tumblr, "an incredibly detailed replica of ‘University of Chicago Professor’ Abner Ravenwood’s journal from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.” Abner Ravenwood is Indy's mentor and Marion's father in Raiders of the Lost Ark, and his journal factors in heavily to the story. And it's been re-created remarkably well. “The book itself is a bit dusty, and the cover is teal fabric with a red velvet spine, with weathered inserts and many postcards/pictures of Marion Ravenwood (and some cool old replica money) included,” writes the admissions team. “It’s clear that it is mostly, but not completely handmade, as although the included paper is weathered all of the 'handwriting' and calligraphy lacks the telltale pressure marks of actual handwriting.” No telling who made the book, but they made a mistake in calling Indiana Jones "Junior." You don't call him "Junior" ...
Recommended For You
- > Before Making It Big, Chris Pratt Lived in This Scooby Doo Van
- > Islamic State Militants Appear to Behead American Journalist In YouTube Video
- > Let This Little League Coach's Great Speech After a Tough Loss Inspire You to Get Out There
- > Pope Francis: ISIS Must Be Stopped to Protect Religious Minorities
- > CNN's Jake Tapper on Ferguson Police: "This Doesn't Make Any Sense"