Important: Homestar Runner Is Returning
For those tragically not in the know, Homestar Runner and his band of misfits are the godfather of the Internet's brand of non sequitur video comedy. Created by Matt Chapman on Flash, the series became a viral cultural phenomenon before Facebook and Twitter were around to help content become viral. Homestar Runner had to become popular the old-fashioned way: By being really funny.
The site hadn't been updated in a few years, until a surprise video back in April sent the Internet into a tizzy. And now, Chapman says that a real rebirth is in the works. "We did that thing as sort of a test to get back into doing it. We'd love to start making things again," Chapman told the Jeff Rubin Jeff Rubin Show podcast, confirming that Strong Bad emails are in the works. "It depends on how whole-hog we go, if we give Strong Bad a Twitter or Strong Sad a Tumblr." (The idea of a Strong Sad Tumblr is almost too good to be true) ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Two More Seasons of ‘Serial’ Are on the Way
- > Here’s the ‘Daredevil’/’Law & Order’ Credits Mash-up You’ve Been Waiting For
- > Students Give Senior Trip Money to Principal Battling Cancer
- > 1,200 Migrant Workers Have Died So Far in Lead Up to Qatar World Cup
- > ‘Photobomb’ and ‘Clickbait’ Are Among Latest Additions to Webster’s Dictionary