This 'Huntress' Claims to Be Killing Bus Drivers Who Assault Women
Ciudad Juárez has become well known as a horrific nightmare for the many women who work in Mexico City's assembly and garment factories, and now one mystery woman claims to be taking justice into her own hands. Fed up with police inaction over a perceived torrent of bus drivers who sexually assault and sometimes murder their female passengers, a self-described "Huntress of Bus Drivers" is targeting them for murder. In an email sent to police, the Huntress claims to be responsible for two dead bus drivers found in Ciudad Juárez last week, with a note that read:
You think because we are women we are weak, and maybe we are. But only to a certain point.... We can no longer remain quiet over these acts that fill us with rage. And so, I am an instrument who will take vengeance. Signed: Diana, Huntress of Bus Drivers.
The note corresponds with witness reports of the two murders, both of which involved a woman with blonde hair, dressed in all black, who got the bus drivers at point blank range before fleeing. Police have no way of confirming whether or not the person sending the email is actually responsible for the attacks, but they have positioned undercover offices on busses in an attempt to nab the Huntress (something they failed to do when it was the women who feared for their safety). Imelda Marrufo, a Juárez native who works for women's rights in the area, told the LA TImes that "I have no way of knowing if this is true. But if it is confirmed, remember, we are talking about a victim, someone who was raped and has probably lived with such a lack of justice that she has no hope that whoever did that to her will ever pay for the crime" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President