This 'Huntress' Claims to Be Killing Bus Drivers Who Assault Women
Ciudad Juárez has become well known as a horrific nightmare for the many women who work in Mexico City's assembly and garment factories, and now one mystery woman claims to be taking justice into her own hands. Fed up with police inaction over a perceived torrent of bus drivers who sexually assault and sometimes murder their female passengers, a self-described "Huntress of Bus Drivers" is targeting them for murder. In an email sent to police, the Huntress claims to be responsible for two dead bus drivers found in Ciudad Juárez last week, with a note that read:
You think because we are women we are weak, and maybe we are. But only to a certain point.... We can no longer remain quiet over these acts that fill us with rage. And so, I am an instrument who will take vengeance. Signed: Diana, Huntress of Bus Drivers.
The note corresponds with witness reports of the two murders, both of which involved a woman with blonde hair, dressed in all black, who got the bus drivers at point blank range before fleeing. Police have no way of confirming whether or not the person sending the email is actually responsible for the attacks, but they have positioned undercover offices on busses in an attempt to nab the Huntress (something they failed to do when it was the women who feared for their safety). Imelda Marrufo, a Juárez native who works for women's rights in the area, told the LA TImes that "I have no way of knowing if this is true. But if it is confirmed, remember, we are talking about a victim, someone who was raped and has probably lived with such a lack of justice that she has no hope that whoever did that to her will ever pay for the crime" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- State of Maryland Will Fight Against Adnan Syed, of 'Serial' Fame, Getting a New Trial 24
- All Charges Were Dropped Against the Anti-Abortion Activists Who Filmed Themselves at Planned Parenthood883
- Why the Pro-Life Message of ‘Born This Way’ Is So Important1,756
- Christians Need to Recover the Lost Art of Patience633
- > State of Maryland Will Fight Against Adnan Syed, of 'Serial' Fame, Getting a New Trial
- > All Charges Were Dropped Against the Anti-Abortion Activists Who Filmed Themselves at Planned Parenthood
- > Watch Justin Timberlake, Steph Curry and Alfonso Ribeiro Do the Carlton
- > ISIS Terrorists Murder Elderly Priest After Storming Church in France
- > ‘Left Behind’ Co-Author Tim LaHaye Has Died at the Age of 90