This 'Huntress' Claims to Be Killing Bus Drivers Who Assault Women
Ciudad Juárez has become well known as a horrific nightmare for the many women who work in Mexico City's assembly and garment factories, and now one mystery woman claims to be taking justice into her own hands. Fed up with police inaction over a perceived torrent of bus drivers who sexually assault and sometimes murder their female passengers, a self-described "Huntress of Bus Drivers" is targeting them for murder. In an email sent to police, the Huntress claims to be responsible for two dead bus drivers found in Ciudad Juárez last week, with a note that read:
You think because we are women we are weak, and maybe we are. But only to a certain point.... We can no longer remain quiet over these acts that fill us with rage. And so, I am an instrument who will take vengeance. Signed: Diana, Huntress of Bus Drivers.
The note corresponds with witness reports of the two murders, both of which involved a woman with blonde hair, dressed in all black, who got the bus drivers at point blank range before fleeing. Police have no way of confirming whether or not the person sending the email is actually responsible for the attacks, but they have positioned undercover offices on busses in an attempt to nab the Huntress (something they failed to do when it was the women who feared for their safety). Imelda Marrufo, a Juárez native who works for women's rights in the area, told the LA TImes that "I have no way of knowing if this is true. But if it is confirmed, remember, we are talking about a victim, someone who was raped and has probably lived with such a lack of justice that she has no hope that whoever did that to her will ever pay for the crime" ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > There Are No Words to Describe This ‘Star Wars’ LED Christmas Light Display
- > 54 Nigerian Soldiers Have Been Sentenced to Death for Not Fighting Boko Haram
- > Marcel the Shell's 'Landslide' Cover Will Calm Your Fears
- > Now Steve Carrell’s Upcoming North Korea Movie Has Been Canned
- > The Death Penalty Is in Dramatic Decline in the U.S.