The Hunt For a New Pope Is Underway
Roman Catholic Cardinals officially began their conclave to determine who will be the next Pope. The process can take a while, and it's begun with Mass and a prayer that God will guide them in their process. The hunt itself is fraught with tradition and secrecy, but there are a few popular candidates. One of them is Angelo Scola, who would be the first Roman Pope in thirty years. Another is a Brazilian named Odilo Scherer—who would be the first non-Europeon Pope in well over a thousand years. There's also a slender chance that this next Pope could be the first American one, with both Timothy Dolan and Sean O'Malley both being well-respected Cardinals whose names have been dropped as potential candidates. Regardless, the Cardinals will vote until one of the candidates gets a two-thirds majority, and then will send a puff of white smoke and a ringing of bells to announce a decision has been made ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > Satanic Temple Brings an After-School Satan Club To Portland Elementary School
- > Here’s an Easy Way to Figure Out If You’re Registered to Vote
- > Lecrae Teamed Up with Leon Bridges on a Song for ‘Birth of a Nation’
- > An iPal Robot Has Been Developed To Take Care Of Kids And Its Pretty Creepy
- > This Insane Slackline Video Will Make You Break Out in a Cold Sweat