The Hunt For a New Pope Is Underway
Roman Catholic Cardinals officially began their conclave to determine who will be the next Pope. The process can take a while, and it's begun with Mass and a prayer that God will guide them in their process. The hunt itself is fraught with tradition and secrecy, but there are a few popular candidates. One of them is Angelo Scola, who would be the first Roman Pope in thirty years. Another is a Brazilian named Odilo Scherer—who would be the first non-Europeon Pope in well over a thousand years. There's also a slender chance that this next Pope could be the first American one, with both Timothy Dolan and Sean O'Malley both being well-respected Cardinals whose names have been dropped as potential candidates. Regardless, the Cardinals will vote until one of the candidates gets a two-thirds majority, and then will send a puff of white smoke and a ringing of bells to announce a decision has been made ...
Recommended For You
- > National Treasures Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Are Hosting the Golden Globes Again
- > Colleges Distance Themselves from Bill Cosby
- > Patagonia Is Giving Away Clothes to Keep You from Shopping on Black Friday
- > There Will Be a Second Season of ‘Serial’
- > Ferguson Bakery Owner Raises $250K Online after Store Is Damaged in Riots