Human Rights Watch: 37 Christian Churches Destroyed in Egypt
According to a new report from Human Rights Watch, in the last 10 days, 37 Christian churches have either been completely destroyed or badly damaged throughout Egypt, and authorities are being accused of doing nothing to protect the Christian houses of worship. In a statement, Human Rights Watch Middle East Director Joe Stork said, “For weeks, everyone could see these attacks coming, with Muslim Brotherhood members accusing Coptic Christians of a role in Mohammad Morsy's ouster, but the authorities did little or nothing to prevent them.” There have also been reports of numerous attacks on Christian schools, businesses and even orphanages throughout the country. Human Rights Watch has released this video, documenting the violence as an effort to raise awareness about the persecution facing Christians in the country …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Here's Your First Look at 'Pan'
- > The Internet Is Loving Odell Beckham's Amazing Catch
- > Superhero-Loving Girl Is Not Impressed with Store’s Ad about ‘Gifts for Boys’
- > NFL Star Gets Emotional After Scoring Touchdown for Daughter Born Hours Before
- > Report: Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel Has Been Asked to Resign