Human Rights Watch: 37 Christian Churches Destroyed in Egypt
According to a new report from Human Rights Watch, in the last 10 days, 37 Christian churches have either been completely destroyed or badly damaged throughout Egypt, and authorities are being accused of doing nothing to protect the Christian houses of worship. In a statement, Human Rights Watch Middle East Director Joe Stork said, “For weeks, everyone could see these attacks coming, with Muslim Brotherhood members accusing Coptic Christians of a role in Mohammad Morsy's ouster, but the authorities did little or nothing to prevent them.” There have also been reports of numerous attacks on Christian schools, businesses and even orphanages throughout the country. Human Rights Watch has released this video, documenting the violence as an effort to raise awareness about the persecution facing Christians in the country …
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > RIP, Jared Leto's Long Hair. You Were Too Beautiful For This World.
- > Outrageous: Man Burned By Fajitas While Praying Can't Sue Applebee's
- > U.S. Concerned about North Korean Nukes
- > Milk that Tastes Like Peeps Is the Ultimate Easter Beverage
- > The Smithsonian and Stan Lee Are Offering an Online Superhero Course