Human Rights Watch: 37 Christian Churches Destroyed in Egypt
According to a new report from Human Rights Watch, in the last 10 days, 37 Christian churches have either been completely destroyed or badly damaged throughout Egypt, and authorities are being accused of doing nothing to protect the Christian houses of worship. In a statement, Human Rights Watch Middle East Director Joe Stork said, “For weeks, everyone could see these attacks coming, with Muslim Brotherhood members accusing Coptic Christians of a role in Mohammad Morsy's ouster, but the authorities did little or nothing to prevent them.” There have also been reports of numerous attacks on Christian schools, businesses and even orphanages throughout the country. Human Rights Watch has released this video, documenting the violence as an effort to raise awareness about the persecution facing Christians in the country …
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > Noose Found Hanging on Duke Campus. Investigation Underway.
- > Netflix Wants to Remind You of the 'Dangers' of Binge-Watching
- > Spray for Cyclists Lights Up at Night But Is Invisible During the Day
- > Our National Nightmare Is Over: SkyMall May Be Returning Soon
- > Hugh Jackman to Star in ‘Apostle Paul’ Movie