How to Write a Joke, By Jerry Seinfeld
If you’re an aspiring comedian, or simply appreciate a well-crafted joke, this video from a New York Times Magazine interview with Jerry Seinfeld is a must-watch. The comedy legend explains how it took him two years to write a brief series of jokes about Pop Tarts, how the joke is formed and why it’s funny. Spending two years to write a joke about Pop Tarts may seem kind of insane, but as Seinfeld points out, that’s all part of the joke. “It’s a long time to spend on something that means absolutely nothing. But that’s what I do. That’s what people want me to do … is spend a lot of time wastefully, so that I can waste their time” …
Recommended For You
- > Hero Drummer Adds a Little Pizzazz to Hillsong United's 'Oceans'
- > Jimmy Fallon Is Making Up Good News Again, Because Sometimes You Just Need to Feel Happy
- > Major Sponsor Pulls Out of the NFL’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month Campaign
- > Scotland Will Remain a Part of the United Kingdom
- > Zack Snyder and JJ Abrams Are Having a Star Wars/Batman Mashup Twitter War