How to Write a Joke, By Jerry Seinfeld
If you’re an aspiring comedian, or simply appreciate a well-crafted joke, this video from a New York Times Magazine interview with Jerry Seinfeld is a must-watch. The comedy legend explains how it took him two years to write a brief series of jokes about Pop Tarts, how the joke is formed and why it’s funny. Spending two years to write a joke about Pop Tarts may seem kind of insane, but as Seinfeld points out, that’s all part of the joke. “It’s a long time to spend on something that means absolutely nothing. But that’s what I do. That’s what people want me to do … is spend a lot of time wastefully, so that I can waste their time” …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > San Francisco Deputies Forced Inmates to Fight 'Gladiator Style'
- > Here's Passion Pit's Very Strobe Light-y Video for 'Lifted Up'
- > Everything We Know About Germanwings Pilot, Andreas Lubitz
- > Man Hikes from Mexican Border to Canada Taking Selfies Every Mile
- > Here's the Trailer for 'Southpaw,' Starring a Super Jacked Jake Gyllenhaal