How Joss Whedon Got Extras For His 'Much Ado About Nothing' Party Scene
If you haven't seen Joss Whedon's marvelous Much Ado About Nothing adaptation yet, you really ought to. The story goes that Whedon was burnt out after making his billion dollar Avengers movie, and decided to detox by shooting a no-budget Shakespeare adaptation in his home. He took it to the next level by shooting Much Ado's party scene by throwing an actual party in his house, using his actual pals as extras. Here's the invitation he sent out ...
Next Saturday night, October 15th, we are throwing a film! It’s very similar to a party, except people film you, you occasionally have to do the same thing more than once, and sometimes you have to mime instead of actually talking. THIS IS BETTER THAN A REAL PARTY. Because it lives forever on film, and miming means not having to come up with witty bon-mots all night, which can be pretty stressful. Here’s the actual scoop, if you’re not yet in the know: We are making a film of Much Ado About Nothing at our house over the next couple of weeks. There is a big party scene at night, and rather than fill the house with strangers, we’d like to feature actual friends. If this sounds like a cheesy attempt to get free extras… Look over there at the shiny thing! Anyway, it WILL be dope. When you’re not being immortalized on film, we’ll host a secondary (actual) party down in the front of the house, which will not be filmed.Delicious food and drink will be provided, provided you know your limitations and don’t party so hard you can’t replicate your actions later on. AND…There’s a conga line! YES! Life CAN be that wonderful.
Life can be that wonderful, and it often is, sometimes thanks to people like Whedon who prove not all Hollywood-types are a bunch of stuck-up ego trips. Read the full invitation over at Buzzfeed ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Justin Bieber: I Just Wanna Honestly Live Like Jesus
- > Why I Go To Church Even When I Don’t Feel Like It
- > Candace Cameron Bure Is the Newest Co-Host of ‘The View’
- > 3 Ways Christians Turn People Off from Church
- > Expert: 400 Church Leaders Will Resign This Sunday Because Names Surfaced in Ashley Madison Hack
- > California Governor Signs Assisted Suicide Measure
- > Stephon Marbury Says $200 Jordans Are Made for $5; Will Re-Release His Own $15 Shoe
- > Just Like ‘Back to the Future’ Predicted, Here’s the Trailer for ‘Jaws 19’
- > The Pope Met with a Gay Couple During His U.S. Visit
- > 22 People Killed at Doctors Without Borders Hospital in Afghanistan During U.S. Airstrike