Hostage Standoff Ends
A weeklong hostage standoff ended last night as FBI agents raided a bunker where the 65-year-old suspect held a 5-year-old boy that he'd abducted from a school bus. The kidnapper was killed during the rescue, and the boy was unharmed. Negotiations between agents and suspect Jimmy Lee Dykes had reportedly broken down, and officials believed the child was in imminent danger at the time of the rescue. Last week, Dykes, who has been described as an “anti-government” survivalist, stormed a school bus, killing the driver before taking the child hostage …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The First Teaser for the New 007 Movie ‘Spectre’ Has Been Released
- > Report: 23 People Decapitated by Boko Haram in Latest Village Raid
- > Meet Jon Stewart’s ‘Daily Show’ Replacement, Trevor Noah
- > San Francisco Deputies Forced Inmates to Fight 'Gladiator Style'
- > Here's Passion Pit's Very Strobe Light-y Video for 'Lifted Up'