Hostage Situation With Kidnapper in Alabama
Yesterday afternoon, a 67-year-old-man whom neighbors are identifying as Jimmy Lee Dykes boarded a school bus, shot the driver dead and grabbed a 6-year-old boy. He's now holed up in a bomb shelter of his own making, where police have been attempting to negotiate the release of the hostage for some 18 hours. It's unclear whether or not Dykes knows the hostage, but he was scheduled to appear in court today on a menacing charge. Dyke's neighbor, Michael Creel, told the Dothan Eagle that Dykes is "not right in the head" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Man Hikes from Mexican Border to Canada Taking Selfies Every Mile
- > Here's the Trailer for 'Southpaw,' Starring a Super Jacked Jake Gyllenhaal
- > Nigerian Military Says It Destroyed Boko Haram’s Headquarters
- > Our Cries Have Been Heard: ‘Coach’ Is Finally Returning to TV
- > Vice Is Going to Make a Nightly News Show for HBO