Hostage Situation With Kidnapper in Alabama
Yesterday afternoon, a 67-year-old-man whom neighbors are identifying as Jimmy Lee Dykes boarded a school bus, shot the driver dead and grabbed a 6-year-old boy. He's now holed up in a bomb shelter of his own making, where police have been attempting to negotiate the release of the hostage for some 18 hours. It's unclear whether or not Dykes knows the hostage, but he was scheduled to appear in court today on a menacing charge. Dyke's neighbor, Michael Creel, told the Dothan Eagle that Dykes is "not right in the head" ...
Recommended For You
- > NBCUniversal Will Pay Millions to Former Unpaid Interns as Part of Settlement
- > Steve Carell Is Teaming Up with Charlie Kaufman for a New Sci-Fi Comedy
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > New Zealand Air’s Hobbit-Themed Safety Video Is a Middle Earth Masterpiece
- > Matthew McConaughey's Marriage Advice Actually Isn't Half Bad