Hostage Situation With Kidnapper in Alabama
Yesterday afternoon, a 67-year-old-man whom neighbors are identifying as Jimmy Lee Dykes boarded a school bus, shot the driver dead and grabbed a 6-year-old boy. He's now holed up in a bomb shelter of his own making, where police have been attempting to negotiate the release of the hostage for some 18 hours. It's unclear whether or not Dykes knows the hostage, but he was scheduled to appear in court today on a menacing charge. Dyke's neighbor, Michael Creel, told the Dothan Eagle that Dykes is "not right in the head" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Diplomats Working Toward Temporary Cease-Fire in Syria
- > Here's the First Trailer for Cameron Crowe's Showtime Show 'Roadies'
- > Two Teens in Arizona Were Killed in (Yet Another) School Shooting
- > Jimmy Fallon Interviews Peyton Manning...Or Is It?
- > A 10-Year ‘Friday Night Lights’ Reunion Is in the Works