The Highest-Selling Album of 2012 Came Out in 2011
Look, everybody loves Adele. Even if some of us maybe don't love Adele's music, she seems like a fun, smart, humble woman who just happens to have a voice that sounds like it was marinated in a golden pot of sweet, sweet honey harvested from a hive of benevolent bees living on top of heaven's tallest mountain. Nevertheless, there is a time and place for anything, and the time and place for Adele's 21 was 2011, in which it was easily that year's highest-selling album. And yet, SoundScan just released word that 21 was also the highest-selling album of 2012. Nothing against Adele, really, but did no other albums come out in 2012? The runner-ups of 2012 were the eternally lovelorn Christmas tree farmer Taylor Swift's Red, British junior high Rufio-impersonators One Direction's Up All Night and giant Hobbiton escapees Mumford and Sons' Babel. None of them could put a dent in Adele's dominance, though, and those are about the heaviest hitters the music industry has right now. Good luck breaking Adele's streak, 2013 ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Royal Caribbean Wants to Hire Someone to Go on Cruises and Post to Instagram
- > An 8-Year-Old Refugee Comforted a Dog Hit by a Car Until He Could Get Help
- > Jewish Community Centers and Schools Across the Country Received Bomb Threats Today
- > This New ‘Kong: Skull Island’ Trailer Is Bananas
- > Watch Carl Lentz Preach a Mini-Sermon on ‘The Dr. Oz Show'
- > Here’s What Saved Kirk Franklin’s Marriage