The Highest-Selling Album of 2012 Came Out in 2011
Look, everybody loves Adele. Even if some of us maybe don't love Adele's music, she seems like a fun, smart, humble woman who just happens to have a voice that sounds like it was marinated in a golden pot of sweet, sweet honey harvested from a hive of benevolent bees living on top of heaven's tallest mountain. Nevertheless, there is a time and place for anything, and the time and place for Adele's 21 was 2011, in which it was easily that year's highest-selling album. And yet, SoundScan just released word that 21 was also the highest-selling album of 2012. Nothing against Adele, really, but did no other albums come out in 2012? The runner-ups of 2012 were the eternally lovelorn Christmas tree farmer Taylor Swift's Red, British junior high Rufio-impersonators One Direction's Up All Night and giant Hobbiton escapees Mumford and Sons' Babel. None of them could put a dent in Adele's dominance, though, and those are about the heaviest hitters the music industry has right now. Good luck breaking Adele's streak, 2013 ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > San Francisco Deputies Forced Inmates to Fight 'Gladiator Style'
- > Here's Passion Pit's Very Strobe Light-y Video for 'Lifted Up'
- > Everything We Know About Germanwings Pilot, Andreas Lubitz
- > Man Hikes from Mexican Border to Canada Taking Selfies Every Mile
- > Here's the Trailer for 'Southpaw,' Starring a Super Jacked Jake Gyllenhaal