This High School Hero Took His Great-Grandmother to Her First Prom
Chivalry is not dead—it just hasn't graduated yet. That's because Van Wert, Ohio senior Austin Dennison is still in high school, but he's doing his part to be his generation's knight in shining armor. He found out that his 89-year-old great-grandmother, Delores, had never got to a prom in her life (money was too tight back in the '40s). So, when his own senior prom came along, he asked her to be his date, because that's what a gentleman does. He took her shopping to pick out a snazzy dress and took her to her favorite restaurant, Bob Evans. And though she didn't have enough energy for much dancing, she did join Austin for one dance: Sinatra's "Delores," which her husband sang to her before he passed.
That's how it's done, Austin ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- Henry Heimlich Finally Got to Use His Famous Maneuver1
- ‘Boxcar Children' Movies Are in the Works So Millennials Can Relive Their Book Fair Glory Days916
- Here’s What Jesus Meant When He Said, “Sell Everything And Give It to the Poor.”10
- Science: People Who Are Workaholics Are More Likely to Suffer From Anxiety, Depression and ADHD503
- > Henry Heimlich Finally Got to Use His Famous Maneuver
- > ‘Boxcar Children' Movies Are in the Works So Millennials Can Relive Their Book Fair Glory Days
- > Science: People Who Are Workaholics Are More Likely to Suffer From Anxiety, Depression and ADHD
- > This Dude Proposed to His Girlfriend with a Custom ‘Super Mario Bros.’ Level
- > Did Bieber and Skrillex Steal the Riff for ‘Sorry’ From This Song?