This High School Hero Took His Great-Grandmother to Her First Prom
Chivalry is not dead—it just hasn't graduated yet. That's because Van Wert, Ohio senior Austin Dennison is still in high school, but he's doing his part to be his generation's knight in shining armor. He found out that his 89-year-old great-grandmother, Delores, had never got to a prom in her life (money was too tight back in the '40s). So, when his own senior prom came along, he asked her to be his date, because that's what a gentleman does. He took her shopping to pick out a snazzy dress and took her to her favorite restaurant, Bob Evans. And though she didn't have enough energy for much dancing, she did join Austin for one dance: Sinatra's "Delores," which her husband sang to her before he passed.
That's how it's done, Austin ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet