This High School Hero Took His Great-Grandmother to Her First Prom
Chivalry is not dead—it just hasn't graduated yet. That's because Van Wert, Ohio senior Austin Dennison is still in high school, but he's doing his part to be his generation's knight in shining armor. He found out that his 89-year-old great-grandmother, Delores, had never got to a prom in her life (money was too tight back in the '40s). So, when his own senior prom came along, he asked her to be his date, because that's what a gentleman does. He took her shopping to pick out a snazzy dress and took her to her favorite restaurant, Bob Evans. And though she didn't have enough energy for much dancing, she did join Austin for one dance: Sinatra's "Delores," which her husband sang to her before he passed.
That's how it's done, Austin ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Michigan Township Passes Resolution to Refuse Refugees
- > New Study Suggests Parents Co-Sleep With Their Babies for at Least a Year
- > Mediterranean Sea is 3 Times Deadlier for Refugees This Year
- > This Dad Photoshops Real Animals So They Look Like His 6-Year-Old’s Drawings
- > The Trailer for Netflix's 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Is Finally Here