This High School Hero Took His Great-Grandmother to Her First Prom
Chivalry is not dead—it just hasn't graduated yet. That's because Van Wert, Ohio senior Austin Dennison is still in high school, but he's doing his part to be his generation's knight in shining armor. He found out that his 89-year-old great-grandmother, Delores, had never got to a prom in her life (money was too tight back in the '40s). So, when his own senior prom came along, he asked her to be his date, because that's what a gentleman does. He took her shopping to pick out a snazzy dress and took her to her favorite restaurant, Bob Evans. And though she didn't have enough energy for much dancing, she did join Austin for one dance: Sinatra's "Delores," which her husband sang to her before he passed.
That's how it's done, Austin ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > ‘Fixer Upper’ Couple: ‘Our Family Has Made a Commitment to Put Christ First’
- > What the Bible Says About How to Treat Refugees
- > Report: Justin Bieber Turned a Concert into a Church Service
- > Justin Bieber: I Just Wanna Honestly Live Like Jesus
- > The Definitive Ranking of Insanely Awesome Christian Album Covers
- > New Report: Number of Abortions in the U.S. Continues to Decline
- > At Least 21 Killed By Boko Haram Suicide Bomber in Nigeria
- > Cards Against Humanity’s Black Friday Sale: Pay $5 for Nothing
- > Study: 41% of Shoppers Feel Like They Need to Spend More Than They Can Afford at Christmas
- > Report: Saudi Arabia Will Behead at Least 50 People in One Day