Hero Chihuahua is Proof That You Can Be Annoying and Still Be a Hero
Thanks to Hollywood, there is a cultural assumption that heroes are all square-jawed, self-assured meatheads with rippling abs and quick wit. You might think that if you're not a brooding beefcake like Christian Bale or a smart-mouthed Scarlet Johansson-esque master assassin, then you can't be a hero. But this tale of a heroic chihuahua in Georgia who found two missing girls is proof that anyone can be a hero, even if they're one of the more annoyingly yappy of man's best friends. Two young girls had been missing for several hours in a forest when their neighbor, Carvin, decided to put his 3-year-old chihuahua, Bell, on the case (side note: oh, to be a fly on the wall when the neighbor first suggested putting his 3-year-old chihuahua on the case. "Uh, sure. You do that, Carvin.") But Carvin and Bell saved the day after all, tracking down the two girls who'd taken a wrong turn on one of the passes and couldn't find their way home. And all thanks to Bell. Very good news for those of us who haven't been bit by radioactive spiders or gone through Treadstone training ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer Team Up For A New Film
- > Biebs Is Bringing Back the WWJD Bracelet
- > Just Try to Contain Your Excitement: There’s a New Album on the Way From Adele
- > Behind-the-Scenes of ‘Captive’: The Story of the ‘Purpose Driven Life’ Hostage Stand-off
- > Trippy New PSA Uses Internet Memes to Warn of the Dangers of Smoking