With 'Hernandezing,' the Internet Goes too Far
Planking. Tebowing. Milking. Internet fads have certainly had their ups and downs, but there's a new trend afoot, and it's taking the downs to a new, very bad level. It's called "Hernandezing" and it all started when former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez asked police to handcuff his hands under his shirt when he was arrested on first degree murder charges. Sure. Understandable. There's nothing worse than getting handcuffed with your hands outside your shirt. Whatever Hernandez thought pulling his arms in his sleeves would accomplish, it actually ended up spawning a hashtag of people taking pictures of themselves in the style of Aaron Hernandez (oh, and there's another type of #Hernandezing in which they mimic a disturbing selfie of his from some four years ago, brandishing a gun). So, two memes, one name, lots of terrible judgement. And with that, the Internet has officially jumped the hashtagging shark ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Satanic Temple Brings an After-School Satan Club To Portland Elementary School
- > Here’s an Easy Way to Figure Out If You’re Registered to Vote
- > Lecrae Teamed Up with Leon Bridges on a Song for ‘Birth of a Nation’
- > An iPal Robot Has Been Developed To Take Care Of Kids And Its Pretty Creepy
- > This Insane Slackline Video Will Make You Break Out in a Cold Sweat