Heritage USA’s ‘King’s Castle’ Is Being Demolished
“The King’s Castle”, a centerpiece of the now mostly-abandoned Heritage USA Christian theme park in South Carolina, is being demolished. The Disney-like castle sits in the middle of the park, that at one point in the mid-1980s was the third most-visited amusement park in the country. After Jim Baaker—the televangelists behind the park—was sent to prison on fraud charges, Heritage USA eventually shut down. Even though the 52-acre grounds were purchased by MorningStar Ministries in 2004 (who use the Heritage Grand Hotel for its worship school), much of the park, like The King’s Castle, still sits eerily abandoned …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > What the Continued Crucifying Of Rob Bell Says About Modern Christianity