Heritage USA’s ‘King’s Castle’ Is Being Demolished
“The King’s Castle”, a centerpiece of the now mostly-abandoned Heritage USA Christian theme park in South Carolina, is being demolished. The Disney-like castle sits in the middle of the park, that at one point in the mid-1980s was the third most-visited amusement park in the country. After Jim Baaker—the televangelists behind the park—was sent to prison on fraud charges, Heritage USA eventually shut down. Even though the 52-acre grounds were purchased by MorningStar Ministries in 2004 (who use the Heritage Grand Hotel for its worship school), much of the park, like The King’s Castle, still sits eerily abandoned …
Recommended For You
- > The 'God's Not Dead' Sequel You've Always Wanted Is Finally Happening
- > The World Is a Vampire: Scientist Encounters 'Puppy-Sized' Spider
- > Will Idaho Pastors Be Forced to Conduct Same-Sex Weddings?
- > Another Charming Visit From Marcel the Shell With Shoes On.
- > Catholic Bishop Summit Ends Without Revised Stance on Same-Sex Couples