Heritage USA’s ‘King’s Castle’ Is Being Demolished
“The King’s Castle”, a centerpiece of the now mostly-abandoned Heritage USA Christian theme park in South Carolina, is being demolished. The Disney-like castle sits in the middle of the park, that at one point in the mid-1980s was the third most-visited amusement park in the country. After Jim Baaker—the televangelists behind the park—was sent to prison on fraud charges, Heritage USA eventually shut down. Even though the 52-acre grounds were purchased by MorningStar Ministries in 2004 (who use the Heritage Grand Hotel for its worship school), much of the park, like The King’s Castle, still sits eerily abandoned …
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > Listen to Kirk Franklin and Pharrell Discuss Worship, Faith, Church and the Holy Spirit
- > Hear ColdPlay’s Brief But Beautiful Tribute to Gene Wilder
- > James Corden Told a Really Nice Story About Gene Wilder Last Night
- > Report: ISIS Has Buried Thousands in Mass Graves
- > Mel Gibson Is Discussing Making ‘The Resurrection’, a Follow-up to ‘The Passion'