Heritage USA’s ‘King’s Castle’ Is Being Demolished
“The King’s Castle”, a centerpiece of the now mostly-abandoned Heritage USA Christian theme park in South Carolina, is being demolished. The Disney-like castle sits in the middle of the park, that at one point in the mid-1980s was the third most-visited amusement park in the country. After Jim Baaker—the televangelists behind the park—was sent to prison on fraud charges, Heritage USA eventually shut down. Even though the 52-acre grounds were purchased by MorningStar Ministries in 2004 (who use the Heritage Grand Hotel for its worship school), much of the park, like The King’s Castle, still sits eerily abandoned …
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > Ringling Bros. Circus Will Phase Out Elephants
- > Here's a New Salvation Army Ad Starring the Dress. (Yes, That Dress.)
- > U.S. Unemployment Rate Drops to 5.5%
- > ‘Toy Story 4’ Will Be a ‘Romantic Comedy’ Not a Continuation of the Trilogy
- > RIP, Jared Leto's Long Hair. You Were Too Beautiful For This World.