Heritage USA’s ‘King’s Castle’ Is Being Demolished
“The King’s Castle”, a centerpiece of the now mostly-abandoned Heritage USA Christian theme park in South Carolina, is being demolished. The Disney-like castle sits in the middle of the park, that at one point in the mid-1980s was the third most-visited amusement park in the country. After Jim Baaker—the televangelists behind the park—was sent to prison on fraud charges, Heritage USA eventually shut down. Even though the 52-acre grounds were purchased by MorningStar Ministries in 2004 (who use the Heritage Grand Hotel for its worship school), much of the park, like The King’s Castle, still sits eerily abandoned …
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > ISIS Stages Mass Execution with What Appear to Be Child Fighters
- > And Now, a Waterskiing Squirrel Filmed with a GoPro Camera
- > ‘A.D.: The Bible Continues’ Cancelled by NBC; Could Come Back Online
- > Discovery Channel Wants Fans of Non-Fictional Sharks to Watch Shark Week Again
- > Survey: 53% of Americans Think God Has a ‘Special Relationship’ with the U.S.A.