Helping New York City's Homeless
As temperatures on the East Coast continue to drop, a joint group of charity organizations in New York City is doing something to help the city’s homeless. The “Don’t Walk By” campaign, which is entering its fifth year, organizes volunteers to seek out New York City’s homeless population. The volunteers offer them blankets, clothes and food and invites them to residential recovery programs and shelters through local churches. The group’s organizers say their mission was inspired by Jesus’ parable of the Good Samaritan. The campaign runs through the month of February …
Recommended For You
- > Report: Apple Is Getting Ready to Release a Jumbo-Sized iPad
- > Malcolm Gladwell’s Medical TV Thriller Has Been Purchased by Fox
- > Is ‘Full House’ About to Make a Comeback?
- > ‘Indefinite’ Ceasefire Puts an End to Weeks of Fighting in Gaza
- > Superman and Lois Lane Just Did the Ice Bucket Challenge So Let's Call It a Day