Helping New York City's Homeless
As temperatures on the East Coast continue to drop, a joint group of charity organizations in New York City is doing something to help the city’s homeless. The “Don’t Walk By” campaign, which is entering its fifth year, organizes volunteers to seek out New York City’s homeless population. The volunteers offer them blankets, clothes and food and invites them to residential recovery programs and shelters through local churches. The group’s organizers say their mission was inspired by Jesus’ parable of the Good Samaritan. The campaign runs through the month of February …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Drake Is Going to Host and Perform as a Musical Guest on May 14’s ‘SNL’
- > California Is About to Raise the Legal Age for Smoking and Vaping to 21
- > Lecrae Talks About His Song 'Deja Vu' on 'Fallon'
- > Enjoy This Dance-Inspired ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Remix
- > Report: Lebron’s ‘Space Jam 2’ Is Finally Happening