Helping New York City's Homeless
As temperatures on the East Coast continue to drop, a joint group of charity organizations in New York City is doing something to help the city’s homeless. The “Don’t Walk By” campaign, which is entering its fifth year, organizes volunteers to seek out New York City’s homeless population. The volunteers offer them blankets, clothes and food and invites them to residential recovery programs and shelters through local churches. The group’s organizers say their mission was inspired by Jesus’ parable of the Good Samaritan. The campaign runs through the month of February …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Here’s the Latest Look at ‘Jurassic World’
- > The First Teaser for the New 007 Movie ‘Spectre’ Has Been Released
- > Report: 23 People Decapitated by Boko Haram in Latest Village Raid
- > Meet Jon Stewart’s ‘Daily Show’ Replacement, Trevor Noah
- > San Francisco Deputies Forced Inmates to Fight 'Gladiator Style'