Helping New York City's Homeless
As temperatures on the East Coast continue to drop, a joint group of charity organizations in New York City is doing something to help the city’s homeless. The “Don’t Walk By” campaign, which is entering its fifth year, organizes volunteers to seek out New York City’s homeless population. The volunteers offer them blankets, clothes and food and invites them to residential recovery programs and shelters through local churches. The group’s organizers say their mission was inspired by Jesus’ parable of the Good Samaritan. The campaign runs through the month of February …
Recommended For You
- > Congratulations on Your Number One Album, Lecrae.
- > Satanists Handing Out Satanic Children's Books or Something.
- > Krispy Kreme Is Celebrating Ghostbusters’ 30th Anniversary with Custom Donuts
- > Speaking in Tongues Is on the Rise Among Americans
- > Bryan Cranston’s Faux One Man MLB Show Will Make You Love Baseball