HBO Orders New Christopher Guest Comedy
Christopher Guest—former "Saturday Night Live" cast member and creator of iconic mockumentaries Waiting For Guffman, Spinal Tap and Best In Show—is coming back to TV, teaming up with Jim Piddock to direct a new series for HBO, "Family Tree." Also done in his trademark mock-documentary style, the show will star Chris O’Dowd (Bridesmaids) as Tom Chadwick, a 30-year-old man on a journey of personal discovery.
HBO describes it like this: “Having recently lost his job and girlfriend, Tom has a rather unsure sense of his own identity. But when he inherits a mysterious box of belongings from a great aunt that he never met, he starts investigating his family lineage and uncovers a whole world of unusual stories and characters and a growing sense of who he is and who his real family are.” The show will start with an 8-episode order, but here's hoping there's a whole lot more.
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?