HBO Orders New Christopher Guest Comedy
Christopher Guest—former "Saturday Night Live" cast member and creator of iconic mockumentaries Waiting For Guffman, Spinal Tap and Best In Show—is coming back to TV, teaming up with Jim Piddock to direct a new series for HBO, "Family Tree." Also done in his trademark mock-documentary style, the show will star Chris O’Dowd (Bridesmaids) as Tom Chadwick, a 30-year-old man on a journey of personal discovery.
HBO describes it like this: “Having recently lost his job and girlfriend, Tom has a rather unsure sense of his own identity. But when he inherits a mysterious box of belongings from a great aunt that he never met, he starts investigating his family lineage and uncovers a whole world of unusual stories and characters and a growing sense of who he is and who his real family are.” The show will start with an 8-episode order, but here's hoping there's a whole lot more.
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > ISIS Promises to Keep Attacking Egypt's Coptic Christians in a New Video
- > Here’s a Really Emotional New Clip From ‘The Shack’
- > Meet the Cast of the New Han Solo Movie
- > Meet East Stratcom, the Tech Squad Fighting Fake News in Europe
- > At Least 74 African Migrants Washed Up on the Shores of Libya